Persson in 2014
|Born||23 March 1975|
|Education||European Business School|
|Known for||President and CEO of H&M|
|Net worth||US$2.4 billion (Forbes 2016)|
|Parent(s)||Stefan Persson (father)
Pamela Collett (mother)
|Relatives||Erling Persson (grandfather)
Tom Persson (brother)
Charlotte Söderström (sister)
Karl-Johan Erling Göran Persson (born 23 March 1975) is a Swedish billionaire businessman, the chief executive officer (CEO) and president of the fashion company Hennes & Mauritz (H&M), which was founded by his grandfather Erling Persson. On the Forbes 2016 list of the world's billionaires, he was ranked #722 with a net worth of US$2.4 billion.
In 2001, Persson purchased an events management business, which established itself as the leading events management company in Scandinavia. The business was successfully sold in 2007 to MCI. In 2005, he joined H&M in an operational role, steadily working his way up to Head of Expansion and Head of Business Development in 2007, before being appointed CEO in 2009 to succeed Rolf Eriksen.
- "The World's Billionaires (2016 ranking): #722 Karl-Johan Persson". Forbes. 1 March 2016. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "'I love you, Victoria'". The Local. 20 June 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Stefan Persson". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 25 September 2010. (subscription required)
- "Karl-Johan Persson: Execustive Profile & Biography". Business Week. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Bhatia, Meera (11 February 2009). "H&M Names Karl-Johan Persson CEO to Succeed Eriksen (Update2)". Bloomberg. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Karl-Johan Persson". 25 November 2009. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Karl-Johan Persson.|
|This Swedish business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|