|Karl W. Boyes|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 3rd district
January 6, 1981 – May 11, 2003
|Preceded by||David C. DiCarlo|
|Succeeded by||Matthew W. Good|
|Constituency||Part of Erie County|
|Born||March 1, 1936
|Died||May 11, 2003(aged 67)|
|Residence||Millcreek Township, Pennsylvania|
|Alma mater||Edinboro State College|
He was a 1959 graduate of Edinboro State College and attended classes at Allegheny College and Union College. He was first elected to represent the 3rd legislative district in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1980, a position he held until his death on May 11, 2003.
He was also a Millcreek Township Supervisor from 1966 until his being elected to the Pennsylvania House in 1980.
The $100,000 Karl Boyes Northwestern Pa. Memorial Stakes race at Presque Isle Downs is held each year in honor of the former house of representative.
- "SESSION OF 1981 - 165TH OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY - No. 1" (PDF). Legislative Journal. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 1981-01-06.
- "Karl W. Boyes (Republican)". Official Pennsylvania House of Representatives Profile. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Archived from the original on 2002-02-02.
- Cox, Harold (November 3, 2004). "Pennsylvania House of Representatives - 2003–2004" (PDF). Election Statistics Project. Wilkes University. Retrieved October 3, 2008.
- Palattella, Ed (2003-05-20). "Colleagues, friends honor Boyes". Erie Times-News. Times Publishing Company.
- "Biking". Tom Ridge Environmental Center at Presque Isle. Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
The Karl Boyes Multipurpose trail travels a 13.5-mile loop around the park. You will ride along the Presque Isle Bay and return along the lakeside. Many stops along the way offer outdoor exhibits, restrooms and water. The mileage is marked along the trail pavement and plenty of parking is available along the trail. The park has a "share the road" policy in place and it is permitted to ride along the roadway with traffic. It is important to obey all the rules of the road for your safety.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Karl W. Boyes (Republican) at the Wayback Machine (archived March 3, 2000) official PA House profile (archived)
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|