This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Karl E. Peters
|Alma mater||Ph.D., Columbia University
M.Div., McCormick Theological SeminaryB.A., Carroll College, Wisconsin
|Known for||Former Editor and Co-editor of Zygon, former President of the Institute on Religion in an Age of Science, and current President of the Center for Advanced Study in Religion and Science.|
|Fields||empirical theology, naturalistic theism, God and evolution, epistemology in science and religion, religion and the environment, and philosophical and ethical issues in medicine.|
|Institutions||Rollins College, University of Hartford, Meadville Lombard Theological School|
|Doctoral advisor||Daniel Day Williams|
|Other academic advisors||Joseph L. Blau, James A. Martin Jr.|
Karl E. Peters is a Professor Emeritus of Religion at Rollins College, Winter Park, FL, and former adjunct professor of philosophy, University of Hartford, Hartford, CT and adjunct professor of religion and science, Meadville Lombard Theological School, Chicago. He also is the former editor and then co-editor of Zygon: Journal of Religion and Science, and is a founder, organizer, and first President of the University Unitarian Universalist Society in central Florida. His scholarly research and teaching focuses on issues in science and religion, including the concept of God and evolution, epistemology in science and religion, world religions and the environment, and religious and philosophical issues in medicine.
Peters has been for many years a member and lecturer at the Institute on Religion in an Age of Science where he has been active in the development of Religious Naturalism. He has six times served as co-chair of the annual conference.
- 2014 - Science and Religion in a Globalizing World
- 2011 - Doing Good, Doing Bad, Doing Nothing: Scientific and Religious Perspectives
- 2005 - Varieties of Spiritual Transformation: Scientific and Religious Perspectives
- 1997 - The Evolution of Morality
- 1992 - Global Ecology and Human Destiny
- 1986 - Free Will: Is It Possible and Is it Desirable?
- 1978 - The Future of the Child: Religious and Scientific Perspectives
Peters' current focus in on developing a Christian Religious Naturalism.
- Dancing With the Sacred: Evolution, Ecology, and God - Trinity Press International, 2002, ISBN 1-56338-393-4
- Spiritual Transformations: Science, Religion, and Human Becoming - Augsberg Fortress - eBooks Account, 2008, ISBN 0-8006-6320-9
- Video - Beginning Reflections of One Unitarian Universalist on Cloning and Genetic Technologies