Robinson as manager of Milton Keynes Dons in 2013
|Date of birth||13 September 1980|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Playing position||Striker / Midfielder|
|Charlton Athletic (manager)|
|2005–2006||St Helens Town|
|2010–2016||Milton Keynes Dons|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Robinson was born in Liverpool, Merseyside. He played for Caernarfon Town, Bamber Bridge, Marine, Oswestry Town, Rhyl, Kidsgrove Athletic, Prescot Cables, St Helens Town, Alsager Town and Warrington Town.
Style of play
Coaching and management career
Milton Keynes Dons
He was appointed manager of League One team Milton Keynes Dons on 10 May 2010, having previously been the club's assistant manager under previous boss Paul Ince. At 30 years of age, he was the youngest manager at the time in the Football League and former England coach John Gorman was named his number two.
In the 2010–11 season, his first season in charge, Robinson guided MK Dons to fifth place in League One. This was regarded as a good achievement, improving on the Dons' points total over the previous season. The team lost in the playoffs to Peterborough United over two legs.
In the 2011–12 season, he continued making impressive strides, attracting big name players and guiding his side to another 5th-place finish and was again in the play-offs. During the season, he signed a 3-year contract extension with the Dons. Robinson masterminded arguably MK Dons greatest victory, a 4–0 win over Manchester United on 26 August 2014,  as well as leading the Dons to promotion to the Championship for the first time, finishing as runners-up in League One.
On 20 July 2015, Robinson signed a contract extension at the Dons along with the club's Head of Coaching, Richie Barker. However, MK Dons did not publicise the length of either deals. Robinson's MK Dons suffered relegation from The Championship during the 2015/16 season, with MK Dons finishing in 23rd position.
On 23 October 2016, MK Dons released a statement saying that Robinson had been relieved of his duties following the 3-0 defeat to Southend United the previous day which took the club's winless run to four games. 
- As of match played 18 March 2017
|Milton Keynes Dons||10 May 2010||23 October 2016||346||147||81||118||42.5|||
|Charlton Athletic||28 November 2016||Present||22||4||9||9||18.2|||
Milton Keynes Dons
- "WPL career details for Karl Robinson". Welsh Premier League Football. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Milton Keynes Dons football club staff". 11v11.com. AFS Enterprises. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Holker Street Newsletter 883". Barrow A.F.C. 3 December 2001. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Host of new players for Kidsgrove". Non-League Daily. 17 July 2003. Archived from the original on 29 September 2012.
- "One in – one out at Kidsgrove". Non-League Daily. 7 November 2003. Archived from the original on 29 September 2012.
- "Robinson coup for Clowes". Non-League Daily. 21 March 2006. Archived from the original on 29 September 2012.
- "Player profile". Warrington Town F.C. Archived from the original on 28 July 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Liverpool FC co-owners Tom Hicks faces forced takeover of Texas Rangers". Liverpool Echo. 11 May 2010. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "MK Dons appoint Karl Robinson, 29, as their new manager". Daily Mail. 11 May 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Dons spring surprise by appointing Robinson as new boss". BBC Sport. 10 May 2010. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- For example, The sports blog: Making progress – Milton Keynes Citizen, 7 April 2011
- MK Dons duo Karl Robinson and John Gorman extend deals – BBC Sport, 17 December 2011
- Osbourne, Chris (26 August 2014). "Milton Keynes Dons 4–0 Manchester United". BBC Sport. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Scott, Charlie (3 May 2015). "MK Dons seal promotion with crushing victory over Yeovil". Daily Mail. London. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- Karl Robinson: MK Dons manager signs new contract – BBC Sport, 20 July 2015
- "Karl Robinson: MK Dons boss turns down Leeds United managerial offer". BBC Sport. 23 May 2016. Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- "Karl Robinson: MK boss leaves club 'by mutual consent' after six years in charge". BBC Sport. 23 October 2016. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Charlton appoint Karl Robinson as Manager". Charlton Athletic. 24 November 2016. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "Managers: Karl Robinson". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "MK Dons 5–1 Yeovil (Match Report)". BBC Sport. 3 May 2015.
- "Karl Robinson named the League One manager of the month for August". Sky Sports. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "Karl Robinson named Sky Bet League 1 Manager of the Month". EFL. 6 February 2015. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "Karl Robinson named Sky Bet League 1 Manager of the Month". EFL. 1 May 2015. Retrieved 24 October 2016.