|Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives
from the 57A district
January 3, 2007 – January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Katie Sieben|
|Succeeded by||John Kriesel|
March 9, 1979 |
|Political party||Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party|
|Residence||Cottage Grove, Minnesota|
|Alma mater||Winona State University|
|Profession||paralegal, union organizer, legislator|
Karla Bigham (born March 9, 1979) is a Minnesota politician and a former member of the Minnesota House of Representatives who represented District 57A, which includes portions of Dakota and Washington counties in the southeastern part of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. A Democrat, she is also a paralegal.
Bigham was first elected in 2006, and was re-elected in 2008. She opted not to seek re-election in 2010, and left office on January 3, 2011. She was vice chair of the House Public Safety Policy and Oversight Committee, and was a member of the Environment Policy and Oversight Committee. She also served on the Finance subcommittees for the Public Safety Finance Division and the State Government Finance Division.
Bigham attended Park High School in Cottage Grove, graduating in 1997, then went on to Winona State University in Winona, earning her B.S. with a Paralegal major and a Sociology and Political Science minor. She has worked as a union organizer and as a paralegal in the Property Crimes Division of the Hennepin County Attorney's Office in Minneapolis. She was a member of the Cottage Grove City Council from 2005–2007, and also served as chair of the Cottage Grove Public Safety, Health and Welfare Commission. She is currently a paralegal and public affairs coordinator for Northern Tier Energy.
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present - Legislator Record - Bigham, Karla". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Karla Bigham (DFL) 57A - Minnesota House of Representatives". House.leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Project Vote Smart - Representative Karla Bigham - Biography". Votesmart.org. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- Karla Bigham at Minnesota Legislators Past & Present
- Rep. Bigham Web Page
- Minnesota Public Radio Votetracker: Rep. Karla Bigham
- Project Votesmart - Rep. Karla Bigham Profile
- Karla Bigham Campaign Web Site
|This article about a Minnesota politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|