|Born||Karla Estrada Ford
November 21, 1974
|Children||4 (inc. Daniel Padilla)|
Karla Estrada (born November 21, 1974) is a Filipina actress and singer. Films and television series in which she starred in Ina, Kasusuklaman Ba Kita? and Maricris Sioson: Japayuki. She starred as supporting role in the series Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw.
Karla is Antonio Aquitania's cousin.
Early life and career
Karla Estrada was born on November 21, 1974 in Tacloban. Her American father, Raymond Ford left her after her grandfather told him that she did not survive her birth.
According to an episode in Maalaala Mo Kaya featuring accounts on her life, Estrada was born to a rich family but was forced to move to Tacloban after her grandfather, who was responsible for most of the livelihood of the family, died. Estrada who aspired to become an actress since childhood and joined singing competitions which her mother did not approved of but nevertheless continued to sing. She was scouted by a talent manager in a music hub in Quezon City which led to her appearance in That’s Entertainment.
- Beauty and the Bestie (2015)
- Sa Ngalan ng Ama, Ina, at mga Anak (2014)
- Palad Ta ang Nagbuot (Our Fate Decides) (2013)
- This Guy's in Love with U Mare! (2012)
- Pagnanasa (2010)
- Pipo (2009)
- Bahay Kubo: A Pinoy Mano Po! (2007)
- Super Noypi (2006)
- Kung ikaw ay isang panaginip (2002)
- Sa iyo ang sarap, akin ang hirap (1999)
- Banatan (1999)
- Masarap ang unang kagat (1998)
- Kakaibang karisma (1995)
- The Secrets of Sarah Jane: Sana'y mapatawad mo (1994)
- Bala at lipistik (1994)
- Sobra talaga (1994)
- Teenage Mama (1993)
- Kahit may mahal ka ng iba (1993)
- Maricris Sioson: Japayuki (1993)
- First Time... Like a Virgin! (1992)
- Wanted Bata-Batuta (1987)
Estrada is the mother of Daniel Padilla whom she had at age 20; her son's father, Rommel Padilla, was not present at their son's birth. Estrada brought Daniel to see his father in prison three years later. She had three more children, Jose Carlito, Margaret and Carmella from different fathers.
At age 18, Estrada looked for her father who later apologized for not knowing that her birth was successful. In 2016, She stated that she is on good terms with her father, describing herself as his "carbon copy".
- "GMA-7 offers two new star-studded afternoon soaps | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Karla Estrada to host morning show?". ABS-CBN News. March 9, 2016. Retrieved March 13, 2016.
- "Karla Estrada cries after dad sends birthday greeting". ABS-CBN News (in English and Filipino). 22 November 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "Angelica bibida sa masalimuot na life story ni Karla Estrada sa MMK" [Angelica [Panganiban] stars in Karla Estrada's complicated life story in MMK]. Bandera (in Filipino). 12 January 2017. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "Daniel Padilla: ‘Kung ayaw mo sa akin, ’di huwag!’ | Inquirer Lifestyle". Lifestyle.inquirer.net. 2013-03-22. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
|This article about an actor or actress in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|