This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Karlāṇī (Pashto: کرلاڼي) is a Pashtun tribal confederacy. The others being Abdali, Gharghashti and Ghilzai. They primarily inhabit the FATA region of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan and certain parts of eastern Afghanistan.In the 16th century the Karlani founded the Karrani dynasty, the last dynasty to rule the Bengal Sultanate.
The legend of Karlani in the folklore says:
"In his infancy he became an orphan and after losing his family he alone survived and was adopted by the Ormur Tribe. The tribe gave him shelter & protection & raised him like their own son. When he reached a marriageable age, the chief of the Ormur tribe made Karlan his son in law." But actually He is not the son of Ghurghusht nor Ormur.
- Nimat Allah al-Harawi author of Tarikh-i-Khan Jahani Makhzan-i-Afghani also known as The History of the Afghans
- Amir Kror Suri
- "THe History of The Dilzak Tribe" (urdu) By Asarjan, First Edition_2011 p 68
- Life of the Amir Dost Mohammed Khan; of Kabul, Volume 1. By Mohan Lal (1846), pg.5
- History Of The Mohamedan Power In India Archived 2009-02-11 at the Wayback Machine by Muhammad Qāsim Hindū Šāh Astarābādī Firištah, The Packard Humanities Institute Persian Texts in Translation (retrieved 10 January 2007).
- asarjan (2011), The History of Dilzak Tribe, pakistan: asarjan, OL 25286185M