Karlovy Vary Airport
|Karlovy Vary Airport
Letiště Karlovy Vary
|Owner||Karlovy Vary Region|
|Operator||Airport Karlovy Vary|
|Hub for||Czech Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||1,989 ft / 606 m|
Karlovy Vary Airport (Czech: Letiště Karlovy Vary) (IATA: KLV, ICAO: LKKV) is the airport of Karlovy Vary in western Bohemia. It is located in the village of Olšová Vrata, 6 km southeast of the city centre and is the fourth-busiest airport in the Czech Republic. The airport handled 103,682 passengers in 2012.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines operate regular scheduled and charter flights to and from Karlovy Vary:
|Travel Service||Seasonal: Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion (begins 13 June 2017)|
The nearest major international airport is Prague Václav Havel Airport approx. 90 km to the east.
From Karlovy Vary or Prague: The airport is 6km southeast of the centre of Karlovy Vary. Turn from the road I/6 (E48) near Karlovy Vary Golf Resort and continue 3,5 km to the airport. Public transport to the airport is maintained seven times per day by city bus Nr. 8.
- "Airport Karlovy Vary :: Operation Statistics". International Airport Karlovy Vary. Retrieved 2014-06-08.
- "Letiště Karlovy Vary loni mělo zisk na 8,7 milionu korun". Czech News Agency (in Czech). 23 June 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Business News". Radio Prague. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Regional airports flying high". The Prague Post. 23 January 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- airport-k-vary.cz - Timetable retrieved March 2017
- "Conferences: Take the plunge in Karlovy Vary". The Prague Post. 14 March 2012. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
Media related to Karlovy Vary Airport at Wikimedia Commons