Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences
|Type||Public (State Institution)|
|President||Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Karl-Heinz Meisel|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Karl-Heinz Meisel|
The Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences (or short "Hochschule Karlsruhe"; formerly "FH Karlsruhe" ) is a university of applied sciences in Karlsruhe. It is the largest university of applied sciences in the state of Baden-Württemberg, offering both academic and professional higher education study programmes in engineering sciences, natural sciences, and business. Given the concentration of research centers and universities in and around Karlsruhe, the university of technology offers a wide range of courses on campus respected in the industry and academia.
It is ranked among the top universities of applied sciences or Fachhochschule in Germany with especially strong mechanical, electrical engineering, IT and Engineering with Business Studies programs.
The university’s roots go back to 1878 and the founding of its predecessor, the Grand Duchy College of Building. In 1971, the university became a Fachhochschule (Polytechnical University), a new type of institution for higher public education established with the specific objective of narrowing the gap between the theoretical and industrial world. The university attained its present form and was raised to the status of Hochschule (University) by the State of Baden-Württemberg.
Education and Research
At present, a wide variety of degree prams are offered, primarily in engineering fields. In 1998, the University enrolled approximately 4,500 students. In the winter semester 2004/05, the University was able to welcome more than 6,000 students, who are taught by more than 150 full-time faculty and 300 part-time faculty. Their work is supported by some 200 technical and administrative staff.
- VIT University, India
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia - Collaboration to offer Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering, Bachelor of Automotive Engineering and Bachelor of Business Engineering in Malaysia
Faculties and Departments
- Faculty of Architecture and Construction Engineering (AB)
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- International Construction Management
- Construction Management and Economics
- Tri-national degree program Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Management Science and Engineering (W)
- Business Administration and Engineering
- International Management
- Sales Engineering
- Faculty of Computer Science and Business Information Systems (IWI)
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Business Information Systems
- Faculty of Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering (MMT)
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Mechatronics and Micro-Mechatronic Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (EIT)
- Communications Engineering
- Communications Engineering and Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy and Automation Technology
- Sensor Systems Technology
- Faculty of Social Sciences (S)
- Technical Communication
- External degree program Media and Event Management
- Faculty of Geomatics (G)
- Cartography and Geomatics
- Surveying and Geomatics
- "History". Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences. Archived from the original on 2013-06-30.
- "Facts and Figures". Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences. Archived from the original on 2015-03-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2005-07-10. Retrieved 2006-09-21. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)