Karmayogi (2012 film)
|Directed by||V. K. Prakash|
|Produced by||Vachan Shetty
|Written by||Belram Mattannoor|
|Cinematography||R. D. Rajasekhar|
|Edited by||Beena Paul|
Trends Add Films
Innostorm Entertainment Group
Creative Land Pictures
Karmayogi is a 2012 Malayalam film directed by V. K. Prakash, starring Indrajith, Nithya Menon, Padmini Kolhapure, Saiju Kurup, Ashokan, Thalaivasal Vijay and Manikuttan. The film is an adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet. Indrajith plays the protagonist in the film.
The film tells the story of Rudran Gurukkal, the lone male descendant of the Chathothu family. The family represents the Yogi community, in which Lord Shiva is believed to have been born. Rudran is haunted by a strange kind of destiny. This forms the crux of the story.
- Karmayogi was screened in the competition section at the 42nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI), in Panaji, Goa in 2011.
- Karmayogi was screened in the Malayalam Cinema Today section at the 16th International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK), in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala in 2011.
- Risabava won the 2011 Kerala State Awards for dubbing for his work in the film.
- Indrajith as Rudran Gurukkal
- Nithya Menon
- Padmini Kolhapure as Mankamma, Rudran's mother
- Saiju Kurup
- Thalaivasal Vijay
- Anoop Sankar
- Kani Kusruti
- Saraswathy Nagarajan (11 March 2011). "Mr. Reliable of Mollywood". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- Unni R. Nair. (11 March 2011). "Karmayogi: Hamlet retold". Screen India. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- "A slice of Kerala". The New Indian Express.
- "Padmini Kolhapure in V. K. Prakash's Karmayogi". Nowrunning.com. 13 October 2010. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|