|Directed by||S. P. Rajkumar|
|Produced by||S. Rajammal|
|Written by||S. P. Rajkumar|
|Edited by||K. Thanigachalam|
S. S. R. Movies
Karmegham ( English : Black Cloud ) is a 2002 Tamil drama film directed by S. P. Rajkumar. The film features Mammootty, Radha Ravi, and Abhirami in lead roles. The film had musical score by Vidyasagar.
Karmegham (Mammootty) returns to his village after serving in the army for long. He finds that the villagers still live the shackles of old customs and traditions. They work as slaves to a feudal landlord (Radha Ravi) who exploits them. Maheswari (Abhirami), a doctor, falls in love with Karmegham. Later through his mother (Manorama), Karmegham comes to know that Radha Ravi is his father and then it becomes a father-son conflict. Karmegham stood with the villagers and opposed his father and brother Shakthi. His sister, Mangai, loves a poor villager but Sakthi and his father are against her love. Sakthi kills her sister's lover, his sister goes mad and Karmegham calls the police. His brother escapes but the police shot him in an encounter. Karmegham gets married with Maheswari. His sister and mother die in a bomb blast planned by Karmegham's father. Karmegham kills his father to save at least his village.
- Mammootty as Karmegham
- Abhirami as Maheswari
- Vadivelu as Khanja
- Radha Ravi as Karmegham's father
- Manorama as Karmegham's mother
- Baburaj as Police Officer
- Ilavarasu as Saguni
- Thalaivasal Vijay as a District Collector
- Vinu Chakravarthy
- C. R. Saraswathi
- Halwa Vasu
- Bonda Mani
- Alphonsa as Special appearance
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by film composer Vidyasagar. The soundtrack, released in 2002, features 6 tracks with lyrics written by P. Vijay, Yuga Bharathi, Arivumathi and Pazhani Bharathi.
|1||'Etumula Veti Kati'||Unni Menon, Anthara Chowdary||Arivumathi||4:44|
|2||'Kaasa Padi Alantha'||Vidyasagar||Yugabharathi||3:48|
|3||'Satham Podum'||Shankar Mahadevan, Sri Vardhini||Pazhani Bharathi||4:18|
|4||'Sri Ranga Pattanam' (duet)||Malathy Lakshman, Gopal Sharma||P. Vijay||4:41|
|5||'Sri Ranga Pattanam' (solo)||Malathi Lakshman||4:41|
|6||'Thaaratha Pati'||Manikka Vinayagam, Swarnalatha||Pazhani Bharathi||4:37|
- Sreedhar Pillai (23 September 2002). "The Hindu : 'Superstardom is a burden'". hindu.com. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Karmegam By Vidya Sagar". muzigle.com. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Karmegam - Vidyasagar". thiraipaadal.com. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Movie Review : Karmegham". sify.com. Archived from the original on 31 May 2014. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "BizHat.com - Karmegham Review". movies.bizhat.com. Retrieved 3 June 2012.