Pedaru at New York Fashion Week in December 2013
10 May 1990 |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Hair color||Light brown|
Pedaru was born in Kehra, Estonia. She was raised by her grandmother after her mother died when Pedaru was five years old. Born into an athletic family, Pedaru became interested in sports at a very early age. From the age of six, she played a variety of sports, including basketball, association football, and handball. She played goalkeeper on Estonia's national U-19 football team for a year before she quit to pursue modeling.
Pedaru married Riccardo Ruini on 14 December 2012.
Pedaru was discovered in 2005, at the age of 15, at Draamateater theater in Tallinn. Shortly after, she signed with Next Models and appeared in an editorial for Teen Vogue. Her runway debut came the next year when she walked for Christopher Kane during the spring 2007 season. Her big opportunity came when she walked the fall 2008 shows during New York Fashion Week; she ended up walking 43 runways, making appearances in shows such as Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Givenchy and Dries Van Noten.
Since then, Pedaru has appeared in advertisements for Chloe, Gucci, Jill Stuart, Missoni, Nicole Farhi, Ralph Lauren, and Derek Lam. In 2011, she replaced fellow Estonian model Carmen Kass as the new face of Michael Kors, who called her look "sporty, sexy chic," and in 2012, she appeared in a campaign for Belstaff alongside actor Ewan McGregor. Pedaru has walked for numerous designers in New York, London, Milan and Paris, including Shiatzy Chen, Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Christian Dior, D&G, Diane von Furstenberg, Louis Vuitton, Roberto Cavalli, Versace, and Yves Saint Laurent, and in 2011, she made her debut at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, where she had two outfits, one of which had wings. She has appeared in editorials for Numéro, Harper's Bazaar, Elle, V Magazine, W Magazine, Dazed & Confused and the Italian, French, British, Korean, German, Portuguese, and Japanese editions of Vogue.
As of March 2014, Pedaru is ranked #4 in the "Top 50 Models" list compiled by Models.com.
- "Karmen Pedaru". Ford Models. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Karmen Pedaru". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Karmen Pedaru - Fashion Model - Profile". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Karmen Pedaru: "Inimesed ei taha näha reklaamides pakse naisi"". Eesti Ekspress. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "This Week's Model: Karmen Pedaru: Editors' Blog: Wmagazine.com". W Magazine. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Karmen Pedaru Got Married in Rome Wearing Saint Laurent". Front Row View. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- "Exclusive: Karmen Pedaru And Simon Nessman For Michael Kors Spring 2011". Style.com. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- J.J. Anisiobi (August 4, 2012). "Ewan McGregor revs up the ante as he models bike gears as the face of Belstaff". Daily Mail. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- "Karmen Pedaru - Model Profile - Photos". Models.com. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Karmen Pedaru|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Karmen Pedaru.|