|Produced by||V. Ramesh|
|Written by||J. Ramesh (dialogues)|
|Story by||Arjun Sarja|
|Cinematography||K. S. Selvaraj|
|Edited by||P. Venkateswara Rao|
Vijaya Madhavi Combines
|14 April 1995|
Karnaa is a 1995 Tamil language action film directed by Selva. The film features Arjun Sarja, Ranjitha and Vineetha in lead roles. The film was released on 14 April 1995 and was declared a super hit at the box office.
Vijay (Arjun Sarja), a carefree and frolicsome youth, is sent by his father Deenadayalan (Ravichandran) in Ooty to work and becoming a responsible businessman. There, he falls in love with the college student Anjali (Vineetha). Her brothers (Mohan Raj and Vimalraj) are dangerous criminals and they are against their love because Vijay's father is a police officer. Thereafter, Devaraj is sent to jail so his brother appoints the lawyer Karnaa (Arjun Sarja) who is disabled and a sensitive person.
Later, Karnaa falls in love with the school teacher Amudha (Ranjitha), after few quarrels between both. One day, Deenadayalan saw Karnaa at the court who looks like his son Vijay. In the past, he had twin boys, but abandoned one of the twin baby because he was disabled. Karnaa is upset when he knew the truth and is now determined to win the case in front of his father. He finally wins the case and Devaraj is released immediately. Thereafter, Deenadayalan said the truth to his wife Lakshmi who wants to bring back at all costs Karnaa at home.
Meanwhile, Vijay is arrested by the police because of Devaraj's conspiracy. Karnaa rejects his parents' request and finds outrageous to abandon a baby due to his handicap. Then, Karnaa promises to help Vijay, but he advises Vijay to escape from the jail. In the meantime, Devaraj shows his secret illegal business to Karnaa and Vijay takes some photos of his factory. Afterwards Devaraj's goons kidnap their parents, Karnaa's adopted mother and Amudha. Vijay and Karnaa finally save them and send Devaraj to jail.
- Arjun Sarja as Vijay and Karnaa
- Ranjitha as Amudha
- Vineetha as Anjali
- Koundamani as Khalnayak
- Ravichandran as Vijay's father
- Sujatha as Lakshmi, Vijay's mother
- Mohan Raj as Devaraj
- Vimalraj as Devaraj's brother
- Sathyapriya as Karnaa's adopted mother
- Kitty as Karnaa's adopted father
- Major Sundararajan as an advocate
- Rani in a special appearance
- Madhusudhan Rao as city officer murdered by villain.
|Soundtrack album by Vidyasagar|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by Vidyasagar. The soundtrack, released in 1995, features 6 tracks with lyrics written by Vairamuthu. The song Malare Mounama became an evergreen hit.
|1||'Aai Shabba'||Mano, Swarnalatha||4:27|
|3||'Hello Miss Chellama'||Chetan, Swarnalatha, Arjun Sarja||5:17|
|4||'Kannile Kannile'||Mano, Sindhu||4:06|
|5||'Malare Mounama'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||5:05|
|6||'Putham Pudhu Desam'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||5:30|
- "Find Tamil Movie Karna". jointscene.com. Archived from the original on 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "Filmography of karna". cinesouth.com. Archived from the original on 2012-10-03. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "Tamil Movie News--1995 Review". groups.google.com. 1996-01-09. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "Karna". hummaa.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- "Karna Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "S. Janaki is 72 today". indiaglitz.com. 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "Events — Vidyasagar: Music Matters". indiaglitz.com. 2010-06-25. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1990s action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|