Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actor
|Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actor|
|State award for contributions to Kannada cinema|
|Awarded for||Best Actor of the Year|
|Sponsored by||Government of Karnataka|
|Most recent winner||Vishruth Naik|
|• Rajkumar||9 Awards|
|• Vishnuvardhan||7 Awards|
|• Anant Nag||4 Awards|
|• Shiva Rajkumar||4 Awards|
|• Lokesh||3 Awards|
The first recipient was Rajkumar who was honored in 1967 for his performance in Bangaarada Hoovu. As of 2016 he was the most honored actor with nine awards. Vishnuvardhan was honored in seven occasions. Two actors Anant Nag, Shiva Rajkumar have been honored four times, while Lokesh honored three times and two actors Ramesh Aravind, Puneeth Rajkumar have won the award two times. The award was shared in 1998 between Vishnuvardhan and Ramesh Aravind. The most recent recipient is Vishruth Naik who is honored in 2017 for his performance in the film Manjari.
The following is a complete list of award winners and the name of the films for which they won.
|Indicates a joint award for that year|
- "Shuddhi is best film; Tara best actress". The Times of India. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- Karnataka State Film Award Winners for 2016
- Karnataka State Film Awards, 2015: Full List
- After national honour, 'Harivu' bags top State film award
- Karantaka State Film Awards announced
- Vishnuvardhan Anu Prabhakar | Karnataka State Film Awards | Aaptha Rakshaka Pareekshe
- Karnataka State Film Awards – 2006-2007 Archived 2011-08-31 at the Wayback Machine.
- Karnataka State Film Awards 2006
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-07-01. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "2002-03 Award Winners List". chitraloka.com. June 27, 2002. Retrieved June 27, 2002.
- "Film Awards 2002-03". viggy.com.
- "Karnataka State Film Awards 2002-03". wiki.gandhadagudi.com. Archived from the original on 2013-12-17.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-07-12. Retrieved 2010-05-27.