Comune di Cornedo all'Isarco
|Province / Metropolitan city||South Tyrol (BZ)|
|Frazioni||Blumau (Prato all'Isarco), Breien (Briè), Kardaun (Cardano), Steinegg (Collepietra), Gummer (San Valentino in Campo)|
|• Mayor||Martina Lantschner Pisetta|
|• Total||40.4 km2 (15.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||510 m (1,670 ft)|
|Population (Nov. 2010)|
|• Density||82/km2 (210/sq mi)|
Italian: di Cornedo
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Karneid (German pronunciation: [karˈnaɪ̯t]; Italian: Cornedo all'Isarco [korˈneːdo alliˈzarko]) is a comune (municipality) in South Tyrol in northern Italy, located about 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) east of the city of Bolzano. It is also the location of Karneid castle.
As of 30 November 2010, it had a population of 3,311 and an area of 40.4 square kilometres (15.6 sq mi).
The municipality of Karneid (Cornedo) contains the frazioni (subdivisions, mainly villages and hamlets) Blumau (Prato all'Isarco), Breien (Briè), Kardaun (Cardano), Steinegg (Collepietra), and Gummer (San Valentino in Campo).
The emblem is an argent curved pile on azure. It is part of the insignia of the Counts of Liechtenstein, owners of the castle, which ruled the village from 1385 to 1595. The arms was adopted in 1968.
- The Italian ski mountaineer Hansjörg Lunger was born in Karneid.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Heraldry of the World: Karneid
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info. Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- (German) (Italian) Homepage of the municipality
Media related to Karneid at Wikimedia Commons