Kurková attending the premiere of The Bang Bang Club at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival
|Spouse(s)||Archie Drury (2009–present; 2 children)|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Agency||Wilhelmina Models (New York) |
Marilyn Agency (Paris)
d'management group (Milan)
Storm Model Management (London)
Stockholmsgruppen (Stockholm) 
Karolína Kurková (Czech pronunciation: [ˈkaroliːna ˈkurkovaː]; born 28 February 1984) is a Czech model and actress, best known as a former Victoria's Secret Angel and Vogue cover star. Mario Testino praised the "proportions of her body and her face, as well as her energy level", which he said "ma[de] her a model who could fit almost into any moment". Vogue editor Anna Wintour called her the "next supermodel".
Karolína Kurková was born in Děčín, Czechoslovakia, to Josef Kurka, a Czech basketball player, and a Slovak mother. While Kurková was young, she was made fun of for her height. But after a friend sent photos of Kurková to an agency in Prague, at age 15, she landed a runway appearance, as well as gigs for commercial and print advertising. She later traveled to Milan to gain more experience and signed a modeling contract with Miuccia Prada.
In September 1999, Kurková appeared in the American edition of fashion and lifestyle magazine Vogue, and, after moving to New York City at the age of 17, appeared on the cover of the February 2001 edition.
Following her Vogue cover, Kurková became recognized at haute couture fashion shows. Additionally, the lingerie brand Victoria's Secret chose her to be a part of 2000's fashion show webcast, though she was only 16 at the time. Prominent fashion houses such as Yves Saint Laurent signed Kurková to contracts, while print campaigns for Chanel, Tommy Hilfiger, Max Mara, Bottega Veneta, Donna Karan, Celine, Fendi, Elie Saab, rag & bone, Jean Paul Gaultier, Roberto Cavalli, Valentino, Louis Vuitton, John Galliano, Mango, Christian Dior, Hugo Boss, Versace, H&M, and others helped expose her even more. In the 2002 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, she wore the "Star of Victoria" Fantasy Bra, worth almost $10 million. Other runway credits of hers include Alberta Ferretti, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Calvin Klein, Carolina Herrera, Chanel, Christian Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy, Gucci, Karl Lagerfeld, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Stella McCartney, Versace, and Vera Wang.
Kurková was named "Model of the Year" at the 2002 VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards, in part for her work ethic, having worked 23 weeks straight. Photographed by Steven Meisel, she was presented on the September 2004 cover of American Vogue as one of the "Models of the Moment".
Kurková has appeared on over 25 Vogue magazine covers internationally, including the French, Italian, UK, German, Russian, Greek, and Korean editions, and has also appeared in international editions of Elle, Vanity Fair, and The Face. She has worked with noted fashion photographers like Steven Klein, Mario Sorrenti, and Mario Testino.
After being contracted as a Victoria's Secret Angel in 2005, she was featured in the 2006 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, showcasing the $6.5 million "Hearts On Fire" Fantasy Bra decked with almost 2,000 diamonds weighing 800 carats (160 g) with a centerpiece diamond brooch weighing 10 carats (2.0 g). As an Angel, she received a star on the Hollywood "Walk of Fame" prior to the 2007 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, appeared on the February 2008 cover of Esquire, re-creating the classic 1966 Angie Dickinson cover for the magazine's 75th anniversary, and was chosen as part of People magazine's 100 most beautiful people in the world. In December 2007, she was featured in print ads for Dell.
In the last Cía Marítima fashion show, Kurková's unexpectedly heavier physique brought criticism from the Brazilian press as having "too much back fat, love handles and cellulite". Kurková has a smooth indentation in place of a navel due to surgery she had as an infant, and photographs are often altered by the addition of an image of a belly button to hide this.
In November 2008, E! Entertainment Television voted her the world's sexiest woman, beating Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson, and fellow Angels Gisele Bündchen, Heidi Klum and Adriana Lima. Kurková modeled for Bottega Veneta spring 2011 campaign in a classic Hitchcock style.
In September 2018, Karolina became the first cover model of Vogue Czechoslovaki. The first released cover featured her from behind with a back tattoo that has a strong symbolic meaning to the history of the two countries in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the establishment of former Czechoslovakia.
Kurková made her film debut alongside Frankie Muniz, Harvey Keitel, and Amber Valletta in Howard Himelstein's 2007 coming-of-age dramedy, My Sexiest Year. She played Courtney A. Kreiger / Cover Girl in the live action 2009 G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra film. She was a guest judge on the fifteenth season of America's Next Top Model and fourth season of Germany's Next Top Model.
She appeared on the 2008 Academy of Country Music Awards along with Dwight Yoakam in presenting the "Top Female Vocalist" award to Carrie Underwood. In September 2010, Karolína guest-starred on NBC's Chuck season 4 episode, "Chuck Versus the Suitcase". She played "Sofia Stepanova", an enemy spy posing as a supermodel.
Kurková appeared alongside German model Eva Padberg on the reality television show Das perfekte Model, a model casting-show similar to Germany's Next Top Model. The show aired in spring 2012 on German television broadcast VOX. The show was canceled in summer 2012 due to low ratings. Kurková made a guest appearance on television series 30 Rock in Season 6, Episode 9 titled "Leap Day" in February 2012.
Kurková appeared as herself in an episode of Person of Interest, in a subplot where the character of Detective Fusco (Kevin Chapman) protects Kurková from Armenian gangsters. The subplot, which is interspersed throughout the episode, takes up less than two minutes of screen time and is played for comic relief. Karolina is also a supermodel coach on OXYGEN'S "The Face", alongside Naomi Campbell and Coco Rocha.
According to ABC News, she cooperates with pediatricians and healthcare providers to found Gryph and IvyRose, a herbal care product line for children. 
On 8 January 2009, FoxNews.com reported that Kurková suffered from hypothyroidism, which led to her unusual heavier physique and caused Kurková to be panned by fashion critics, when she walked the runway for Cía Marítima and Victoria's Secret in June 2008 and November 2008, respectively. In February 2012 at the Council of Fashion Designers of America forum on "A Well Balanced Life", Kurková spoke about her thyroid problems:
|“||I thought I was going crazy. I was having panic attacks every minute and I didn't know what was happening, because I've been a healthy person. I've exercised all my life. I've always eaten well and taken care of myself.||”|
Kurková also said she developed symptoms of premature menopause and gained 30 pounds (14 kg). Robert McConnell, a thyroid specialist, pointed out that Kurková's case includes a spate of symptoms which "totality doesn't fit into one, neat little package".
In July 2009, she announced she was expecting her first child with her fiancé, Archie Drury. Kurková revealed that Drury had proposed to her while on holiday in Cape Town, South Africa, and they were married before the birth of their son, Tobin Jack Drury Kurka, which occurred on 29 October 2009. On 8 July 2015 Kurkova announced that she and her husband were expecting a second baby. On 12 November 2015, it was announced that Kurkova had given birth to her second son named Noah Lee Drury Kurka.
In March 2006, Kurková received an award from the non-profit organization "Women Together" for her humanitarian work. Kurková was honored for working for the welfare of children through organizations such as "the Beautiful Life Fund", "Free Arts", and "Global Youth Action Network". Kurková received the Atmosphere Magazine Award at the Madrid Planet Hollywood restaurant on 18 December 2003.
Kurkova was named one of the world's "50 Most Beautiful People" by People magazine in 2004, and remains the youngest model ever to win "Model of the Year" at the VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards. She received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007.
Karolina also received the GALA Spa Award in the category of "Beauty Idol", which was awarded by one of Germany's people magazines. In early 2013 Karolina released her own fragrance in cooperation with LR Health & Beauty Systems, an international operation company. The fragrance cooperation already earned Karolina a nomination at the 2013 Duftstar Awards in the category "Novelties – Lifestyle (Women)".
- "Portfolio". IMG Models. Archived from the original on 13 July 2011. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- "2007 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". 2007 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. 4 December 2007. CBS.
- "Sensational: Karolina!". MODELS.com. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- "Kate Moss is world's second richest model". Telegraph. 17 July 2007. Archived from the original on 10 August 2007. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "In Pictures: The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Karolina Kurkova on". Tv.com. Archived from the original on 29 January 2009. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- "Karolina Kurkova interview at Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". Bellasugar. 19 December 2007. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Karolina Kurkova Archived 23 May 2007 at the Wayback Machine".AskMen. Retrieved 4 June 2007.
- "Profile of Karolina Kurkova'.Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2005-11-13.
- "Karolina Kurkova profile at nymag.com". New York. Retrieved 27 June 2009.
- Woollard, Deidre (14 October 2006). "Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra for 2006". Luxist.com. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- "Pop Tarts: Victoria's Secret Angels Have Ugly Days ... Except Adriana Lima". FoxNews.com. 15 November 2007. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "75 Years in 4 Covers". Esquire. 10 January 2008. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Karolina Kurkova jugee trop grosse pour les podiums!". Peoplestar.tv. 16 July 2008. Archived from the original on 19 May 2013. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- Carter, Nicole (22 November 2008). "Karolina Kurkova's bellybutton mystery solved". New York Daily News. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- "Who doesn't have a belly button?". BBC News. 20 November 2008.
- Johnston, Lauren (21 November 2008). "E! votes supermodel Karolina Kurkova world's sexiest woman". New York Daily News.
- Lim, James (4 January 2011). "See the New Spring Campaigns for Dior, Prada, Versace, Gucci, and More". New York. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "Vogue Expands Its Magazine Franchise to Two New Countries". ONN – Premium Social Network and Magazine. 23 August 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "My Sexiest Year". IMDb. Retrieved 4 June 2007.
- Edward Douglas (19 February 2008). "In the Future: The Cast of Vantage Point". ComingSoon.net. Archived from the original on 26 February 2008. Retrieved 23 February 2008.
- "First Look Photo:Chuck vs. the Femme Fatale". E!. 23 September 2010. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "'Das perfekte Model': Padberg und Kurkova machen auf Klum". Stern (in German). 31 January 2012. Archived from the original on 1 February 2012. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- ‹See Tfd›(in German) Das perfekte Model Home vox.de. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Breia Brissey (24 February 2012). "'30 Rock': Treat every day like it's Leap Day". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Antoinette Bueno (10 January 2013). "Exclusive: A Supermodel On 'Person of Interest'". ET Online. Archived from the original on 22 October 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- News, A. B. C. (25 September 2018). "Karolina Kurkova on Anna Wintour: 'She took me under her wing'". ABC News. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Supermodel Karolina Kurkova's 'Weight Problem' Revealed". FoxNews.com. 8 January 2009. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Karolina Kurkova Labeled Too Fat". Huffington Post. 25 June 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- Jane E. Allen (10 February 2012). "Supermodel Karolína Kurková: Thyroid Caused Early Menopause". ABCNEWS. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- Daisy Dumas (10 February 2012). "'I Was 24 and Going Through Menopause': Supermodel Karolína Kurková Reveals How Thyroid Problem Caused 30 lb Weight Gain and Panic Attacks". Mail Online. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Karolína Kurková Is Pregnant! Archived 17 July 2009 at the Wayback Machine" People Magazine, 14 July 2009.
- "Karolína Kurková Gets a Sock Full of a Wedding Proposal". Daily News. 17 July 2009. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- Charlotte Triggs (2 November 2009). "Model Karolina Kurkova Has a Boy!". People. Retrieved 10 June 2012.
- Colette Fahy (9 June 2012). "Model Karolína Kurková Wows in Stunning Floor-Length Gown for Charity Event with Husband". Daily Mail. Retrieved 10 June 2012.
- Karolina Kurkova Gives Birth, Welcomes Second Baby Boy: Details! – Us Weekly. Usmagazine.com (12 November 2015). Retrieved on 2016-01-08.
- "Magazine names beautiful people". BBC News. 29 April 2004. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "Karolina Kurkova – Fashion Model – Profile on New York Magazine". Nymag.com. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes. 27 May 2009. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "Karolina Kurkova – Star der Vienna Awards". news.at (in German). 12 March 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "4711 ACQUA COLONIA Body Care receives the GALA SPA AWARD 2012". Worldpressonline.com. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Karolina Kurkova | LR Health & Beauty Systems". Lrworld.com. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Duftstars 2013 | LR Health & Beauty Systems". Lrworld.com. Archived from the original on 4 February 2014. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Karolína Kurková.|