Karolinska University Hospital
|Karolinska University Hospital|
|Stockholm County Council|
University Hospital in Solna
|Location||Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset, Solna, 171 76 |
Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset, Huddinge, 141 86, Stockholm County, Stockholm, Sweden
|Affiliated university||Karolinska Institutet|
|Lists||Hospitals in Sweden|
The Karolinska University Hospital (Swedish: Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset) is a teaching hospital affiliated with Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden, with two major sites in the municipalities of Solna and Huddinge.
The present day Karolinska University Hospital is the result of a 2004 merger between the former Huddinge University Hospital (Huddinge universitetssjukhus) in Huddinge, south of Stockholm, and the Karolinska Hospital (Karolinska Sjukhuset) in Solna, north of Stockholm. The new hospital has about 15,000 employees and 1,340 patient beds. The Karolinska University Hospital is closely affiliated with the Karolinska Institutet. It incorporates the Astrid Lindgren Children's hospital in Solna and the Children's Hospital in Huddinge.
The Karolinska University Hospital in Solna is being replaced by the New Karolinska Solna University Hospital.
New Karolinska Solna
The New Karolinska Solna University Hospital (NKS) (Swedish: Nya Karolinska Solna), is the new university hospital built in Solna, Sweden, replacing the old Karolinska University Hospital buildings in Solna.
In April 2008, the decision was made by the Stockholm County Council to build a new university hospital in Stockholm. To construct a new hospital has been considered to be more cost effective, compared to renovating and refurbishing the present facilities, spread over a large area in more than 40 buildings. In June 2008, it was decided that the new university hospital will be built using the PPP (or PFI) model which includes also financing as well as management of the building after the completion.
The project, however, was met with controversy, and the process for planning and building the hospital has been heavily criticized for poor construction planning, execution, management and corruption.
The first departments to move into the new hospital building in 2016 were those associated with the cardiovascular theme and the pediatric unit of the children's and women's health theme. All the other departments are expected to move into the new hospital building by the end of 2018.
Karolinska University Hospital at KI Campus Solna
Main entrance to the hospital in Solna
Solna Campus in 1967
Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital
Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge (Flemingsberg Campus)
- Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden- (born 14 July 1977) daughter of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden
- Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland- (born 23 February 2012) daughter of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel.
- Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne- (born 2 March 2016) Son of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel.
- About Karolinska
- Karolinska Institutet - KI through the centuries
- About Karolinska
- Skanska – New Karolinska Solna
- Nya Karolinska Solna
- Nya Karolinska Solna – Background
- Johan Ingerö. "Skandalen Nya Karolinska | Timbro". Timbro.se (in Swedish). Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- icij.org - Controversial Swedish Hospital Partnership Has Luxembourg Links
- Myglarkulturen kring Nya Karolinska måste utredas
- Nya Karolinska sjukhuset är Sveriges största ekonomiska katastrof någonsin! Och det blir bara värre.
- Karolinska.se - First hospital construction phase complete – now it’s time to safely move in patients