|11 April 1991|
Karpoora Mullai is a 1991 Tamil-language Indian feature film directed by Fazil, starring Amala, Raja and Srividya. The film, a bi-lingual was simultaneously shot in Malayalam as Ente Sooryaputhrikku.
Maya (Amala) was a spoiled child of a rich man as she always creates issues in her hostel as well as in college. One day along with her friends, she decides to make fun of a Dr. Srinivas (Raja), but the doctor in turn insults her saying that she is a fatherless child. Shocked Maya understands her childish behavior and attempts suicide, but the doctor saves her and she gets back to normal, but starts loving the doctor and she also decide to find out who her father is and finally she discovers that her father had adopted her when she was baby and her biological mother was K. S Vasundhara Devi (Srividya), famous singer. She tries her every bit to make her mom accept her. Finally her mother accepts Maya, but before she make this news to public, Vasundhara Devi is murdered by her administration employees for her wealth. Maya kills her mother's killer's and she is sentenced to lifetime imprisonment. Srinivas marries her, while she undergoes sentence in Jail.
- Amala as Maya Vinodini
- Srividya as Vasundhara Devi K. S
- Sumithra as Dr. Srinivas's mother
- Raja as Dr. Srinivas
- TS. Raghavendra
- Prathapachandran as Shiva Prasad
- Vijayakumar as Vinod Shankar
- Bheeman Raghu as Ravi
- Suma Jayaram
- Kalady Omana
- Fazil as guest appearance
- Suresh Gopi as guest appearance
The Indian Express called it "Alternatively vibrant and serious [..] built up well by director Fazil [..]".
- "Vinyl LP Record-Karpoora Mullai". meditations. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "The Remake of Ente Sooryaputhrikku was shot simultaneously!". The Times of India. 12 December 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Karpoora Mullai". hummaa.com. Retrieved 30 November 2013.