|Founded by||Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji|
|• Type||Municipal corporation|
|• Body||Nagar Palika|
|Elevation||228 m (748 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||PB 08|
Kartarpur is located at  It has an average elevation of 228 metres (748 feet). It is situated at a distance of 15 km from Jalandhar towards Amritsar on G.T. Road (National Highway 1)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Kartarpur had a population of 25,152. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Kartarpur has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 66%. In Kartarpur, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age. Kartarpur has 14 municipal wards.
Jang e Azadi Kartarpur Museum
Jang-e-Azadi Memorial is a memorial and museum being built in Kartarpur town of Punjab, India, in memory of contribution and sacrifices made by the Punjabi community in Indian independence movement.
- Gurudwara Shri Thamji Sahib
- Gurudwara Mata Gujri Ji
- Gurudwara Shri Mai Bhago Ji
- Gurudwara Shri Gangsar Sahib
- Gurudwara Tahli Sahib
- First Guru Granth Sahib(Adi Granth) is placed at Qila Kothi(Kartarpur Fort).
- Gurdwara pind khusropur, khusropur
Located in the middle of village khusropur. Also a new gurdwara is taking place near the previous gurdwara of khusropur.
- Ramgarhia gurdwara, Khusropur
Located on the road connecting village khusropur with village basrampur.
- Gurdwara basrampur, Basrampur.
- Nathan Di Bagichi (Nath welfare society, Jande sarai road )This temple is belongs to Nath Samparadaye who worship Bhagwan Mahadev Shiv
- Dera Baba Gurmukh Dass ji Maharaj, Chandan Nagar, Kartarpur
- Shri Guru Ravidass Mandir Arya Nagar
- Prachin Mata Chintpurni Mandir
- Shiv mandir pandhian mohalla kartarpur
- Dera 108 Sant Baba Onkar Nath Ji Maharaj Village Kala Bahian Dera Baba Onkar Nath Ji is located in village Kala Bahian, Lakhs of Sangat visit Dera every year. There is Holy Sarowar inside Dera, holy water of Sarowar cures Many Problems of Persons. 108 Baba Onkar Nath ji belongs to Nath Sampradaye who worship Bhagwan Shiv, Baba Balak Nath Ji also belongs to Nath Sampradaye.
Mosque include :
- Badi masjid or madeena masjid New vishawkarma market
- Choti masjid near kila kothi
- Arya Nagar Kartarpur
- Chandan Nagar
- Resham Ayurvedic Nursery
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kartarpur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.