|Karu, Nasarawa State|
|LGA and town|
|Time zone||WAT (UTC+1)|
Karu is a Local Government Area in Nasarawa State, central Nigeria.It is close in proximity to the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. It has an area of 2,640 km².Karu local government has its headquarters in New Karu town. It was originally built to house the capital's civil servants and lower income families, but had no running water or good sanitation system.
According to the 2006 census,the population of mainly New Karu town was 205,477,
The Karu urban area is served by an express way connecting Karu to Abuja, Nigeria's capital city, and to other parts of the country.
- BBC (2007-02-13). "Life of poverty in Abuja's wealth". BBC News. Retrieved 2008-01-17.
- "FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA 2006 Population Census" (PDF). National Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 June 2011. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- Home page. Loyola Jesuit College. Retrieved on 10 May 2016. "Gidan Mangoro, Karu-Karshi Road, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, NIGERIA."
- Musa, Illiyasu. "Why the current reforms in education sector, by Education Minister." Nigerian Newsday. Tuesday 20 December 2005. Retrieved on 12 September 2011.
- "Post Offices- with map of LGA". NIPOST. Archived from the original on 7 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
|This Nasarawa State location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|