Karunakaran at the Ghajinikanth First Single Launch
Thendral (m. 2013)
Karunakaran is a Tamil film actor, who has appeared in character roles. He made his breakthrough in Soodhu Kavvum (2013) portraying the role of Arumai Pragasam, before playing roles in Yaamirukka Bayamey (2014) and Jigarthanda (2014).
Karunakaran's father is a former RAW agent and he grew up in New Delhi, before later moving to Trichy with his parents, where he met short film maker and friend Nalan Kumarasamy.He Studied his secondary schooling at Sri Akilandeswari Vidyalaya Trichy. He initially made a career as chemical engineer, graduating from SASTRA University, and then as an IT professional at Accenture, before Nalan approached him to feature in a short film he was making for the reality television show, Naalaya Iyakkunar. Karunakaran had featured in such short film ventures at school and Nalan had cast him in Nenjuku Neethi, which went on to win the first place award that season. Sundar C gave him brief roles in two of his ventures, while he made his first breakthrough portraying Vijay Sethupathi's friend in Karthik Subbaraj's Pizza (2012), after which he left work and concentrated on a career in films.
Nalan subsequently cast him in his feature film debut Soodhu Kavvum, for which Karunakaran won rave reviews. His appearance in the "Kasu Panam Thuttu" song also was well received and prompted several further offers for the actor. His performance in Yaamirukka Bayamey was appreciated by critics. The Times of India wrote, "A large part of the credit should go to Karuna, who manages to make Sharath both ambivalent and funny", while Sify wrote that he was "a scream" and The Hindu called it an "exceptional performance". In Kadikara Manithargal, Karunakaran pairs with Sherin Pillakal and this is her Tamil debut.
- Upcoming projects
|Shaitan Ka Bachcha||delayed|
|Podhu Nalan Karudhi||delayed|
|Sivaranjiniyum Innum Sila Pengalum||Filming|
|Siva karthikeyan 14th movie||Filming|
- "Tamil Stars Wedding 2013". Tamilstar.
- Gupta, Rinku (2013-09-12). "'Soodhu kavvum has changed my life'". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Big day for Karunakaran!, soodhu kavvum, pizza". Behindwoods.com. 2013-05-30. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Yaamirukka Bayamey movie review". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Movie Review : Yaamirukka Bayamey". Sify.com. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- udhav naig. "Yaamirukka Bayamey: Busting ghosts". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Sasikumar's protégé goes independent". www.deccanchronicle.com/. 2017-05-21. Retrieved 2017-05-21.
- quintdaily (23 August 2017). "Vivegam Tamil Movie Rating [4/5],Audience Review – QuintDaily".