Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences
|Motto||Arise and Shine|
|Type||Deemed to be University|
|Founders||D.G.S. Dhinakaran, Paul Dhinakaran|
|Vice-Chancellor||P. Mannar Jawahar|
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, formerly Karunya University, is a private residential institute deemed to be university in Coimbatore, India. It was founded by D. G. S. Dhinakaran and his son Paul Dhinakaran.
|University and College rankings|
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||101–150|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||89|
|Engineering – India|
In November 2017, Karunya was ordered to close two off-campus centres in Periyanaickenpalayam, which was opened without permission. In addition, a letter from the UGC showed that Karunya has not renewed its deemed-to-be-university status, which as expired in 2007. The institute has agreed to close the centres, leaving 750 students to find other solutions, since the courses they were pursuing, management, science and social science courses, are not offered at Karunya's main campus. The UGC had also formed a committee of experts to inspect the institution. Acting on the recommendations of said committee, in June 2018 an extension to the deemed-to-be-university status was granted for a period of five years.
- "Profile of Dr. Paul Dhinakaran :: Jesus Calls Ministries | Prayer Tower Online". www.jesuscalls.org. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "VC Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "List of Institutions Accredited by NAAC (1st Cycle) (on 24th September 2014)" (PDF). 24 September 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "Karunya Univ to shut off-campus centres". The Times of India. 19 November 2017. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Karunya Univ to shut its illegal off-campus centres by Dec-end". The Times of India. 10 December 2017. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Extension of deemed university status to Karunya". The Hindu. 18 June 2018. Retrieved 16 December 2018.