|Motto||Arise and Shine|
|Founders||D.G.S. Dhinakaran, Paul Dhinakaran|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. S. Sundar Manoharan|
|Location||Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Campus||Rural, 750 Acres|
Karunya University is a private university located in Coimbatore, India. It was founded as a Christian minority institution by D. G. S. Dhinakaran and his son Paul Dhinakaran, the founders of Jesus Calls Ministries, India. This deemed university has been accredited by NAAC with a 'B' grade. All India Ranking 2016 listed by National Institute Ranking Framework, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India has placed Karunya University 48th rank under university category, 44th rank under engineering institutions category.
Construction in hill areas
In 2015, the Directorate of Town and Country Planning, Coimbatore and the Local Planning Authority issued a notice to the university for lack of approval from the government body, Hill Area Conservation Authority. A report in Tehelka magazine noted that the institute was encroaching on elephant migration routes.
Activities (Fests, Sports and Games)
The Evangeline Memorial South India Tournament is organized annually in mid September. Karunya is a team in all the games among the entire league of Tamil Nadu engineering colleges.
Professional Societies Chapters
- IAESTE (International Association for Exchange of Students for Technical Expertise). Karunya is one of the two nodal points of IAESTE in India. The other being Manipal University. Interns from all over the globe come to Karunya University all throughout the year for research and technical experience. Active exchange of students happens between countries like Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Poland, Thailand, Brazil and China. Karunya hosts annual festivals in its campus for interns, like IAESTE day, on the 20th of October.
- CSI (Computer Society of India) 
- "37 colleges, 3 resorts without HACA approval continue to operate - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Institutes Lay Waste to the Western Ghats | Nisha Ponthathil | Tehelka - Investigations, Latest News, Politics, Analysis, Blogs, Culture, Photos, Videos, Podcasts". www.tehelka.com. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "KEMT 2012". Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "CSI Karunya Chapter". Accessed: ~~~~~.