|Administrative region||Ionian Islands|
|• Municipal unit||30.867 km2 (11.918 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||1,427|
|• Municipal unit density||46/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||310 81|
Karya (Greek: Καρυά) is a former municipality on the island of Lefkada, Ionian Islands, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Lefkada, of which it is a municipal unit. It lies in the central part of Lefkada. It has a land area of 30.867 km² and a population of 1,427 (2001 census). A large part of the population live in the former municipal seat, the town of Karyá (pop. 989).
The village Karya is located on the slopes of Pyrgos at 500 m above sea level. The highest point in the municipal unit is the mountain Stavrota, elevation 1,158 m. There are four villages in the municipal unit: Karyá, Pigadisánoi (pop. 233), Egklouví (174), and Ammókampos (31).
The municipal unit Karya is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
|Year||Village population||Municipality population|
- Apostolos Kaklamanis (1936-) politician
- De Facto Population of Greece Population and Housing Census of March 18th, 2001 (PDF 39&NBSP;MB). National Statistical Service of Greece. 2003.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- Official website (English) (Greek)
- Karya (municipality) on GTP Travel Pages (in English and Greek)
- Karya (village) on GTP Travel Pages (in English and Greek)