Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki
|Kasam — Tere Pyaar Ki|
|Also known as||Kasam|
|Directed by||Mujammil Desai|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||621|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Picture format||576i (PAL)|
|Original release||7 March 2016 –|
27 July 2018
Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki (Swear by your love) is an Indian Hindi romantic television series that aired from 7 March 2016 to 27 July 2018 on Colors TV. Kratika Sengar and Sharad Malhotra played the lead roles in a saga of lovers reuniting after rebirths.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Plot section should not exceed 500 words per season, and should focus on the overall shape of the series not episode-by-episode revelations or arc summaries. If editors wish to create a list of episodes, that might be an option. See WP:TVPLOT for guidance. (August 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The story is about Tanushree "Tanu" Khurana and Rishi Bedi who are childhood best friends, just like their respective fathers Veerendra and Raj. They lived in a village near Patiala.
Tanu saves Rishi from falling into a river. Katyani Bai, a Kali devotee and priestess prophesies they will be together for next seven births. Their marriage is fixed at their childhood. Raj's wife Rano who dislikes Tanu's family influences him to move to America.
16 years later
Eagerly, Tanu waits for Rishi to return. Boxer, he always flirts with girls. Forced by Raj, Rishi accompanies his family to Tanu's residence Patiala. Veerendra and his wife Sharda die in a terrorist attack.
Raj reaches Tanu's home and discovers about the deaths, where her aunt Bani takes advantage of the situation, introducing her daughter Neha as Tanu and they move with Bedis to Mumbai.
Tanu and her sister Ahana reach Mumbai. Rishi meets and instantly falls for Tanu. His marriage gets fixed with Neha. Bani tells Tanu and Ahana that Raj and Rano hate them and want Rishi to get married to Neha. Tanu lies to Rishi that she is not Tanu and her name is Tanvi. But this doesn't have effect on Rishi. Tanu's marriage is arranged with the Jalandhar based Pawan who is already married and wants to use her as a surrogate. Rishi finds out this truth and with the help of his brothers Manpreet and Yuvraj tries to prove it in front of their families but their plan fails.
In a desperate effort to stop Tanu's wedding, Ahana drugs her and helps Rishi in kidnapping her. Tanu reveals her identity, and they get married. Bedis and Khurranas go to Pawan's house to apologize to him and come to know the truth. Katyayni reveals the truth about Tanu's real identity to Bedi family. After the truth is revealed Raj curses Neha that she will not be happy in her life. Neha and Bani are insulted.
Neha lies to her boyfriend Sandeep Sikand a.k.a Sandy that Rishi molested her. Sandy tries to shoot Rishi. Tanu shields him and passes away in his arms. Rishi tries to kill himself but Tanu's soul tells him she will return in his life. Sandy and Neha marry.
20 years later
Tanu is reborn as Sandy's niece Tanuja. She lives in Sandy's house after her parent's death with Sandy, Neha and their daughters Nidhi and Vidhi in a village near Amritsar. Rishi is now became heartless and lost his faith in love. Rishi has became a sucessfull business tycoon. Tanuja has blurry flashbacks of her past birth in her dreams. Ahana is married to Rishi's younger brother Manpreet and they have two children, Smiley and Chintu. Yuvraj and his wife Divya have a son named Nakul.
Later, Tanuja, Nidhi and Vidhi come to Mumbai with Bani and Kuljeet. Bani and Neha want one of their daughters Nidhi and Vidhi to marry Nakul. Bani writes a fake letter to Rano and she falsely apologizes to Rano that Sandy and Neha are in coma and she will die because of cancer and sends Tanuja, Nidhi, Vidhi to the Bedi house. Raj and Rano lie to the Bedi family that they are Rano's distant relatives. Rishi's grandmother Preeti develops a bond with Tanuja. Tanuja over hears Preeti telling Nakul about Rishi and Tanu's love story. Tanuja gets appointed as Rishi's secretary in his office. Tanuja has started developing feelings for Rishi. Sandy slaps Neha after learning of her plan. On the day of Ganesh Chaturthi Sandy tells Tanuja that he killed Rishi's Tanu. Rishi sees them hugging. Sandy tells Rishi that Tanuja is his daughter. Rishi gets angry on Tanuja. Fire breaks out because of a short circiut. Rishi and Tanuja get injured. Tanuja's face is badly burnt in that accident while saving Rishi. Preeti mistakenly gives Tanu's photo to doctor for plastic surgery. Rishi is cured.
Tanuja gets Tanu's face. After three months Tanuja's bandage gets open. Tanuja comes to know that she has got Tanu's face. She is shocked. Bani and Neha learn of it and are also shocked, but decide to use Tanuja's new face for their benefit. Tanuja goes to Bedi's house. The Bedi family assumes that Tanu has returned. Rishi overhears about Bani and Neha's plan and gets angry on them and warns Bani and Neha to stay away from his family. Rano reminds the Bedi family that Tanu is dead and she can't return. Tanuja tells the Bedi family that she is not Tanu but she is Tanuja. Her face changed during the plastic surgery. Rishi sees her and he also assumes that Tanu has returned. Rano tells him that she is not Tanu but she is Tanuja and her face changed during plastic surgery. Rishi accuses Tanuja of purposely changing her face. Rishi reveals to the Bedi family that she is Bani's granddaughter and Neha's daughter. Rishi throws Tanuja out of the Bedi house. Katyayni brings Tanuja to the Kali temple and tells her that she is Tanu's reincarnation but she refuses to believe it. Rishi's friend Malaika arrives from America. Tanuja is going to tell Rishi that she has not made any mistake. While going to meet Rishi she is hit by Mallaika's car. Mallaika brings Tanuja to the Bedi house. Tanuja saves Bedi family's reputation in front of media and police. Rishi agrees to marry Mallaiaka. As Raj sees Malaika with her boyfriend Shekhar on wedding day, he asks Tanuja to become Rishi's bride and they marry. It was Shekhar and Mallaika's plan to ruin Rishi's company because Shekhar was Rishi's business rival. Rishi remembers Tanu after seeing Tanuja's habits. They are slowly getting close to each other.
Later, Malaika learns that Tanuja is pregnant. She informs Rano.Rishi thinks that Tanuja cheated on him. Rishi now wants to divorce Tanuja. Actually Tanuja is not pregnant Smiley is pregnant. Tanuja is pretending to be pregnant to hide Smiley's pregnancy and to save her and Bedi family's reputation. Later Smiley reveals that she is pregnant but Tanuja made the doctor write her name.
Rishi apologizes to Tanuja and slowly falls in love with her. Rano insults Bani. He misleads Malaika with the promise of marriage to reveal her true intentions. She is thrown out of the house. Rishi and Tanuja consummate their marriage. For vengeance on Rano, Bani files a police complaint against Raj and Rano in the name of Tanuja. Raj and Rano are arrested. Rano is beaten up by the police in the police station and she is admitted to the hospital. She becomes paralyzed. Rishi and Bedi family blame Tanuja for Rano's condition as she failed to show up in the police station. Rishi tells Tanuja to leave the house. Tanuja leaves the house. Tanuja leaves a letter for Rishi before leaving the house. Rishi reads that letter and becomes emotional.
Tanuja meets with an accident and remembers her previous birth and she is Rishi's Tanu. Katyayni tells her that she is unlucky for Rishi. Tanuja gets kidnapped by some goons and Rish saves her. Rishi apologizes to Tanuja for telling her to leave the house and tells her return with him to Bedi house. Tanuja refuses to return and demands divorce thinking she is unlucky for Rishi, and both sign divorce papers. Rishi mistakenly gets kidnapped by Shekhar's goons but is saved by Tanuja. Shekhar and Mallaika are arrested. Rishi returns to the Bedi house with Tanuja and they both decide to live together. Rishi's half-brother Poorab Bohra demands 51% of the shares of his company to exact revenge on Raj.
Knowing Poorab's evil intentions, Tanuja arranges for the property to be signed over to her with the help of Raj and Preeti. Rishi's sister-in-law Divya joins Poorab. Rano now wants Rishi to marry her friend's daughter Netra. Rishi agrees to marry Netra and does Roka with her to make Tanuja jealous. Tanuja finds out that Divya is helping Purab and tries to expose her to the Bedi family but she fails.
As Rishi forces, Tanuja signs over property back to Bedis. He and Netra get engaged. Netra misleads Tanuja to think they have been intimate. Netra lies to Rishi that she tricked Tanuja into signing th e property papers. Tanuja leaves. Rishi goes to stop her at the railway station but Tanuja refuses to return to the Bedi house and slaps her in anger during their argument. Tanuja leaves but realises that she is pregnant while sitting in the train. Tanuja decides to go to tell Rishi that she is pregnant with his child but then she remembers seeing Rishi and Netra on the same bed and decides to not to tell Rishi about her pregnancy and raise her child on her own.
7 years later
Tanuja lives with her daughter Natasha and friend Abhishek Khurana who is a businessman in London who poses as her husband. Rishi and Netra also assume to be married and have been raising Smiley's daughter Tanya.
Natasha and Tanya think Abhishek and Rishi to be their fathers. Abhishek reaches India with Tanuja and Natasha to take over Rishi's company. Rishi meets Natasha at the airport without knowing that she is his daughter.
Abhishek and Rishi's bankers advise them to collaborate their business. They refuse but later agree. Rishi develops a special bond with Natasha who enrols in Tanya's school. Abhishek invites Rishi, Netra and Tanya to dinner where he meets Tanuja.
Rishi is disheartened to learn that Tanuja is married and has a daughter. Rishi tries to get Tanuja back in his life but Tanuja refuses. Rishi invites her, Abhishek and Natasha to his house for a party. Tanuja introduces the two as her husband and daughter to Bedi family.
Rishi tries to make Tanuja remember their past. Netra at a restaurant overhears a conversation between her and Abhishek. She realises that they are not married but Tanuja is his just a caretaker and they are just friends, reads Natasha's birth certificate and finds out that Rishi is the real father of Natasha.
Natasha meets with an accident while saving Tanya. Rishi donates his blood to save her. Rishi after seeing Abhishek's love for Natasha decides to go away from Tanuja's life. A suspicious doctor decides to run a DNA test and sends DNA test reports to Bedi house. Rishi reads it and learns that Natasha is his daughter.
On the night of Janmashtami Abhishek, Tanuja, and Natasha leave for London for Abhishek's business trip. Rishi and Manpreet go to London to find Tanuja and Natasha. After an argument between Rishi and Tanuja, she accompanies him to Mumbai as he threatens her. Rishi informs his family that he is Natasha's father. Abhishek who has fallen in love with Tanuja learns of her past with Rishi.
Rano sends a legal notice for Natasha's custody. Abhishek and Tanuja believe that Rishi sent it. Rishi wants to clarify the situation. Abhishek asks him to stay away from Tanuja. Rishi has a heated argument with Abhishek. Rishi decides to get Natasha's custody. During fighting the custody case Rishi learns that Tanuja and Abhishek aren't married but she is Abhishek's caretaker. Abhishek proposes Tanuja. Tanuja refuses but later she insists Abhishek to marry her for getting Natasha's custody and invites the Bedi family on her wedding.
Rishi creates problems in the wedding. Abhishek learns that Rishi and Netra aren't married. Rishi decides to marry Netra to obtain Natasha's custody. Rishi announces about his engagement and marriage with Netra in Tanuja's henna function. Tanuja learns that Rishi and Netra aren't married and misunderstands that Rishi and Netra are living in a live-in relationship. On the day of their marriages realising he loves Tanuja, he leaves Netra and goes to stop Tanuja's wedding. But Tanuja refuses to return to him. Rishi again returns to the marriage venue and stops the marriage telling that their divorce application was rejected years. Rishi effects Tanuja's arrest.
Abhishek accuses Tanuja of cheating on him. Tanuja applies for a divorce and reveals to Natasha that Rishi is her real father. Natasha tells court judge that she wants to live with both her parents. Tanuja is ordered to stay in the Bedi House for six months.
Netra now vows to ruin Tanuja. Abhishek creates misunderstandings between Rishi and Tanuja to separate them. Later, he confesses his love for Tanuja, who is furious at him but later forgives him on Rishi's insistence.
Natasha and Tanya visit a summer camp. They call up Rishi and Tanuja to bring them together. Tanuja was about to fall in a well when Rishi saves her on time. Tanuja then reveals to him that she left him as she saw him and Netra together on the bed on their engagement night.
Tanuja also tells she felt painful thinking Tanya is Rishi and Netra's daughter. Rishi clarifies he was drunk that night and remembered nothing. Nothing happened between him and Netra and Tanya is Smiley's daughter. Tanuja realizes her mistake and apologises to him, and they reconcile.
Netra, who had been following Rishi and Tanuja to the summer camp, gets furious to see them together and vows to kill them. She bribes a mechanic to tamper with the car brakes in which Rishi and Tanuja are. Abhishek finds her plan but is late to warn Tanuja. The car falls off a cliff and Abhishek takes them to the hospital. Before the car had fallen Tanuja reveals to Rishi that she is his Tanu.
Abhishek reveals Netra's plan to the Bedis and she is arrested. Tanuja dies in the hospital. Having lost her after Tanu, Rishi is heartbroken and commits suicide by taking poison.
25 years later
Rishi and Tanuja are reborn as Ranbir, Kapoor and Kritika Kohli, respectively. Ranbir is a famous football player in Canada and Kritika lives with her mom Malini near Ludhiana. Ranbir has blurr flash backs of his past birth in his dreams.
Believing that her husband Arun died, Malini is shocked to see him on news and reaches Mumbai with Kritika to track him down. Ranbir also arrives in Mumbai with his family for a football match.
While Malini searches for Arun at a mall, a fire breaks out, with Kritika and Ranbir there. Kritika exits safely and Ranbir stays inside to help Malini, who is rushed to hospital.
Hospitalised, Malini tells her that Arun is alive and gives his address to Kritika and dies. Kritika finds that Arun has married another woman Pammi. Kritika learns that her father has married again to Parminder a.k.a Pammi and has daughters, Jiana and Ishani. Arun tells Pammi that Kritika is his niece as she enters the house and lives with them.
Later, Kritika meets Ranbir for first time and they have argument. When she is appointed as intern of an advocate Vikas Sharma. Ranbir's father Balraj gets involved in a legal battle over custody of his mansion with its caretaker Aayush Batra.
Kritika is harassed by a local contractor Ashok but Ranbir saves her. Jiyana (Kritika's half-sister) and Akshay (Ranbir's cousin) fall in love. Ranbir develops feelings for Kritika and they become friends.
Aayush's daughter Malishka drugs and tries to seduce Ranbir. As he rejects her, she frames him for molesting her and files a case. Ranbir is arrested by police but Akshay bails him out.
Eventually, Ranbir wins the case with Kritika's help. Malishka tries to kill his family by burning down the house. Ranbir expresses his love to Kritika but gets unconscious after a pillar falls.
Kritika recalls her previous lives and awakens Ranbir to remind him, who also recognises her and they hug each other and unite, ending the series.
- Sharad Malhotra as Rishi Ranbir Singh Bedi/ Ranbir Kapoor (2016–2018)
- Kratika Sengar as Tanushree/Tanuja Rishi Singh Bedi Bedi/Kritika Kohli- The character of Tanu was initially killed off and replaced by Shivani Tomar as a reincarnated version of Tanu. However, after a drop in viewership, Tomar's version of the character underwent plastic surgery in the storyline, and producers brought Sengar back into the role of Tanu (2016–2018)
- Shivani Tomar as Tanuja Sikand, the reincarnated version of Tanu. Tomar portrayed the role of Tanuja for approximately one month before Sengar returned to the series. Poor audience response due to a perceived lack of chemistry between Tomar and Malhotra was cited as a reason for her dismissal (2016).
- Saba Mirza as Beeji/ Preeti Singh Bedi (2016–18), Raj's mother, Daljeet's younger sister, Manpreet, Rishi, Yuvraj's grandmother
- Vijay Kashyap as Raaj Singh Bedi, Manpreet, Rishi, Yuvraj's father (2016–18)
- Vibha Chibber as Raano Raaj Singh Bedi (2016–18), Rishi, Yuvraj and Manpreet's mother
- Lalit Bisht as Yuvraaj Singh Bedi (2016–17), Manpreet, Rishi's brother, Divya's husband, Nakul's father
- Chetna Kaintura as Divya Yuvraaj Singh Bedi (2016–17), Yuvraj's wife, Nakul's mother
- Zuber K. Khan as Manpreet Singh Raj Singh Bedi (2016–18), Yuvraj, Rajand Raano's son, Yuvraj, Rishi's younger brother, Ahana's husband, Smiley and Chintu's father
- Aditi Sharma Ved as Ahaana Manpreet Singh Bedi (2016–18), Manpreet's wife, Tanushree's younger sister, Smiley and Chintu's mother
- Manorama Bhattishyam as Kaatyayani Bai, a Goddess Kali devotee and learned priestess (2016–17)
- Nikhil Khurana/Pranav Misshra[clarification needed] as Nakul Singh Bedi (2016–17)
- Farhad Khan/Chandni Sandhu[clarification needed] as Smiley Singh Manpreet Singh Bedi (2016–17), Manpreet and Ahana's daughter
- Devarsh Nirmal as Chintu Singh Bedi (2016)
- Pratik Parihar as Rohitesh (2016)
- Roma Bali as Baani Kuljeet Khurrana (2016–17), Kuljeet's wife, Tanushree and Ahana's aunt, Neha and Swati's mother
- Gagan Gupta as Kuljeet Khurrana (2016), Veerendra's younger brother, Tanushree and Ahana's uncle, Bani's husband, Neha and Swati's father
- Arun Singh Rana/Sharhaan Singh[clarification needed] as Sandeep Sikand/ Sandy (2016), Neha's husband, Nidhi and Vidhi's father
- Renee Dhyani as Neha Sandeep Sikand (2016–17), Sandeep's wife, Kuljeet and Bani's daughter, Nidhi and Vidhi's mother, Rishi's ex-fiancée
- Suman Jain as Swati Kuljeet Khurrana (2016) Kuljeet and Bani's daughter, Neha's younger sister
- Hema Sood as Nidhi Sandeep Sikand (2016), Sandeep and Neha's daughter
- Shreya Gupta as Vidhi Sandeep Sikand (2016–17), Sandeep and Neha's daughter
- Vishnu Sharma as Veerendar Khurrana (2016), Raj's friend, Tanushree and Ahana's father
- Jyoti Gauba as Shaarda Veerendra Khurrana (2016), Veerendra's wife,
- Malhar Pandya as Pawan Malhotra (2016), Tanushree's ex-fiance
- Sehrish Ali as Saloni Malhotra (2016), Pawan's wife
- Parveen Kaur as Saavitri Malhotra (2016), Pawan's mother
- Smriti Khanna as Malaika Malhotra (2016–17), Rishi's ex-fiance
- Rohit Sharma as Shekhar Singh Ahlawat (2016–17), Rishi's business rival, Malaika's boyfriend
- Abhilash Kumar as Rohit, Smiley's ex-boyfriend (2016–17)
- Pranitaa Pandit as Netra (2017–18), Raano's friend's daughter, Tanya's adoptive mother, Rishi's ex-fiancée
- Amit Tandon as Abhishek Khurana (2017–18), Rishi's rival turned business partner, Natasha's foster father, Tanuja's ex-fiancé
- Shivika Rishi as Natasha Rishi Singh Bedi (2017–18), Rishi and Tanuja's daughter, Abhishek's foster daughter
- Chahat Tewani as Tanya Rishi Singh Bedi (2017–18), Rishi and Tanuja's adopted daughter, Rohit and Smiley's daughter
- Puneet Sachdeva as Purab Bohra (2017)
- Aishwarya Raj Bhakuni as Riya (cameo) (2017), Abhishek's secretary
- Shraddha Arya as Swati Purab Bohra (cameo) (2017)
- Sonali Joshi as Abhishek's aunt
- Rini Das as Myra(2017-2018), Abhishek's younger cousin
- Aansh Arora as Samar Singh Rajput (2017), Abhishek's friend
- Mayank Kumar as Rohit, Abhishek's friend (2017-2018)
- Rajesh Puri(2018), Malini and Parminder's husband, Kritika,Ishani, Jiana'sfather
- Jyothi Joshi as Malini Arun Kohli (2018), Arun's first wife, Kritika's mother
- Shivani Gosain as Parminder Arun Kohli/Pammi (2018), Arun's second wife, Kritika's stepmother, Jiana, Ishani's mother
- Vedika Bhandari as Ishaani Arun Kohli (2018) Arun and Parminder's daughter, Kritika's younger stepsister, Jiana's sister
- Sabina Jat as Jiyana Arun Kohli (2018), Arun and Parminder's daughter, Kritika's stepsister, Ishani's sister, Akshay's lover
- Bikramjeet Kanwarpal as Balraaj Kapoor (2018), Ranbir's father, Mahima's husband, Akshay's uncle
- Manjushree Kulkarni as Mahima Balraj Kapoor (2018) Balraj's wife, Ranbir's mother, Akshay's aunt
- Karan Goddwani as Akshay Kapoor (Akki) (2018), Ranbir's younger cousin, Jiana's lover
- Shamin Mannan as Malishka Ayush Batra (2018) Ayush's daughter
- Amit Behl as Aayush Batra (2018) Kapoor house's caretaker
- Jiten Lalwani as Advocate Vikaas Sharma (2018), Ayush's lawyer, Kritika's boss
- Pooja Singh as Shilpa, Malishka's cousin
- Arshia Verma as young Kritika (2017–18)
- Shakti Arora as Narrator for Episode 1
|2016||Zee Gold Awards||Best Popular Jodi||Kratika Sengar & Sharad Malhotra||Won |
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Gr8! Face (Male)||Sharad Malhotra|
|FICCI Excellence Awards||Most Popular Television Fiction||Ekta Kapoor|
|2017||Zee Gold Awards||Best Power Packed Performance||Sharad Malhotra||Won |
|Colors Golden Petal Awards||Best Jodi||Sharad Malhotra – Kratika Sengar||Won |
- Pakistan on Filmazia (now LTN Family)
- United Kingdom on Colors Rishtey
- Vietnam on THVL1
- Indonesia on antv
- Afghanistan on Lemar tv
- "What! 'Kasam' to go off air on July 27 - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "Kratika Sengar and Ssharad Malhotra get emotional as they bid adieu to Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Kasam Teri Pyaar Ki:Kratika Sengar a.k.a. Tanu to return on popular demand". India Today. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- Boroplus Gold Awards 2016 Winners List, Zee Gold Award 2016 List Of Winners
- Zee Gold Awards 2017: Divyanka Tripathi, Mouni Roy, Nakuul Mehta, Surbhi Chandna win BIG
- Colors Golden Petal Awards 2017: Complete winners list and award pictures