|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article possibly contains original research. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
New bus stand circle
|Nearest Airport(s)||Mangalore Airport (India), Calicut International Airport|
|• City||16.7 km2 (6.4 sq mi)|
|• Metro||93.3 km2 (36.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||19 m (62 ft)|
|• Other||Kannada, Tulu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
The administrative language of the town and municipality is Malayalam.
Tulu, Malayalam, Kannada, Beary bashe (spoken by the Tuluva-Malayalee Muslims) and Konkani are also widely used and Hindi and Urdu to a lesser extent. Havyaka speakers have a strong base in Kannada.
The Malayalam spoken here has influences from Beary bashe and also from the languages of Kannada, Urdu, Konkani and Tulu. The Kannada and Tulu spoken here are also influenced by Malayalam.
The major political parties are INL Indian National League, Indian Union Muslim League, CPI(M),INC and BJP. North Kasaragod is dominated by Indian Union Muslim League and the south part of Kasaragod is dominated by CPI(M). The central part and some of the rural and urban areas is dominated by INC. Na nellikkunnu is the present Member of Legislative Assembly, Kerala Legislature. Kasaragod assembly constituency is part of Kasaragod (Lok Sabha constituency). CPI(M) member P .Karunakaran is the present MP from Kasargod.
Science and research
Kasaragod is home to the Central Plantation Crops Research Institute, originally established in 1916 as the Coconut Research Station. It is part of India's National Agricultural Research System under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research. According to the Institute, Kerala "lies in the heart of the major coconut growing areas of the country." It is also home to the Indian Society for Plantation Crops, which publishes the Journal of Plantation Crops and holds symposiums on the subject.
|Climate data for Kasaragod, Kerala|
|Average high °C (°F)||31.4
|Average low °C (°F)||21.7
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||1
- Kasaragod District
- Kasaragod East
- List of educational institutions in Kasaragod District
- List of tourist attractions in Kasaragod
- Kumar Suresh Singh (1998). India's communities. 6. Anthropological Survey of India. p. 1549.
- A Sreedhara Menon (1 January 2007). A Survey Of Kerala History. DC Books. pp. 14–15. ISBN 978-81-264-1578-6.
- "Kasaragod Parliament Constituency". Kerala. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on June 21, 2008. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- "About Institute". CPCRI.in. Central Plantation Crops Research Institute. Retrieved 2016-01-25.
The Coconut Research Station at Kasaragod in Kerala was initially established in 1916 by the then Government of Madras and subsequently it was taken over by the Indian Central Coconut Committee in 1948
- "Indian Society for Plantation Crops". indsocplantationcrops.in. Indian Society for Plantation Crops. Retrieved 2016-01-25.
- "CLIMATE: KASARAGOD", Climate-Data.org. Web: .
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kasaragod.|