Kasautii Zindagii Kay
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Kasautii Zindagii Ki|
A Promotional image of Kasautii Zindagii Kay
|Genre||Indian soap opera|
|Created by||Balaji Telefilms|
|Written by||Story & Screenplay
Mahesh Pandey, Sonalika Bhonsle, R M Joshi, Puneet S Shukla, Binita Desai, Rajita, Mushtaq Sheikh, Jainesh Ejardar & Fatima Rangila, Manish Paliwal, Nishikant Roy
Sunjoy Shekhar, Rekkha Modi & Sharad Tripathi
|Directed by||Gautam Sobti, Qaeed Kuwajerwala, Ravindra Gautam, Yash Chauhan, Raminder Singh Suri, Sushen Bhatnagar, Rajeev Bhatia, Jitendra K Basantt, Rohit Malhotra, Sangeeta Rao, Deepak Chavan, Jignesh Vaishnav, Arvind Babbal, Rishi Tyagi, Hitesh Tejwani, Shankar Verma|
|Creative director(s)||Monisha Singh, Nivedita Basu, Doris Dey, Shipra Arora, Shivangi Singh Chauhan & Riti Chopra|
|Opening theme||"Kasautii Zindagii Ki" by Priya Bhattacharya & Babul Supriyo|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||1423|
|Producer(s)||Ekta Kapoor & Shobha Kapoor|
|Editor(s)||Dharmesh Shah, Sanjeev Shukla, Uday Raj, Achintya Ghosh, Vikas Sharma & Sandeep Bhatt|
|Location(s)||Delhi, Mumbai, Mahabaleshwar, Panchmeshwar, Australia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Malaysia & Lucknow|
|Cinematography||Santosh Suryavanshi, Deepak Malwankar & Rajesh Naag|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV),|
|Original release||29 October 2001 – 28 February 2008|
Kasautii Zindagii Kay (Hindi: कसौटी ज़िंदगी के; English: The criterion of life), often abbreviated as KZK, is an Indian soap opera created by Ekta Kapoor for the channel STAR Plus. The show ran for seven long years and starred Shweta Tiwari, Cezzane Khan (who was later replaced by Hiten Tejwani), and Ronit Roy in lead roles; Urvashi Dholakia and Geetanjali Tikekar as the main antagonists. The show explores the story of Anurag and Prerna who fall for each other but they never unite because of Komolika who plots against them and the conspiracies made against them. It describes Anurag and Prerna—lovers who were separated throughout their lives but achieved union in death.
Kasautii Zindagii Kay became the third longest running Indian series after Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii—the latter two of which were also produced by Balaji Telefilms. The show recorded one of the highest TRPs and introduced many popular faces like Shweta Tiwari, Cezzane Khan, Urvashi Dholakia, Ronit Roy and Geetanjali Tikekar.
Kasautii Zindagi Kay is about Anurag and Prerna, the star-crossed lovers, who time and again meet and separate as they get entwined in the web of love and revenge.
|This section does not cite any sources. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Two lovers Anurag and Prerna want to get married with each other but the couple get separated when Anurag is forced to get married to Komolika by the emotional blackmail of his mother, Mohini. Devastated and heart-broken Prerna who finds herself pregnant, now hates Anurag for what he has done to her. Anurag on the other hand feels terrible for Prerna and secretly helps her establish her career. Komolika married Anurag for the sake of his wealth. Anurag comes to know all this and also about the existence of his child 'Prem' with Prerna, a secret she had kept hidden. He divorces Komolika and wishes to marry Prerna but Prerna has to marry an arrogant business tycoon Rishabh Bajaj. Prerna married Rishabh to save Anurag's wealth and property.
After a series of twists and turns including the return of Rishab Bajaj's ex-wife Menaka, Anurag and Prerna marry. Their marriage ends in a bitter divorce due to misunderstandings and their crumbling faith in each other. Prerna is pregnant again but no one believes that it is Anurag's child and everyone accuses her of having illicit relations with Rishab Bajaj. During this time Prerna is supported by Mr. Bajaj who changes into a positive character on seeing her plight. Anurag marries another woman 'Aparna' and Prerna, unable to see him with someone else, leaves the city. Years later Anurag and Prerna's daughter 'Sneha' has turned 8. Anurag's family also comes to know that Sneha is indeed Anurag's daughter. They all repent but Prerna refuses to forgive them especially Anurag.
Things get better with time but Prerna gives the right to be called as Sneha's father to Mr. Bajaj only as he was the one who helped her raise Sneha all these years. Rishabh and Prerna get married to each other. Anurag Prerna form a deep friendship with underlying love. Various twists and turns and introduction of several new characters later, the story finally ends with the death of Anurag-Prerna and their souls uniting forever.
Kasautii Zindagii Kay was based on following chapters in its storyline. Below are the highlights.
- Chapter 1 (Episode 1 - 26) - Prerna and Anurag are in love. Mohini wants Anurag to marry Komolika.
- Chapter 2 (Episode 27 - 67) - Anurag marries Komolika; Prerna pregnant with his child
- Chapter 3 (Episode 67 - 108) - Moloy unhappy about the Anurag-Komolika marriage
- Chapter 4 (Episode 109 - 164) - Komolika and Anurag's divorce
- Chapter 5 (Episode 165 - 210) - Prerna marries Rishabh Bajaj to protect the Basu family assets
- Chapter 6 (Episode 211 - 276) - Mr. Bajaj's ex-wife Menaka poses problems for Prerna
- Chapter 7 (Episode 277 - 330) - Mr Bajaj's disappearance after his accident. Prerna-Anurag are engaged
- Chapter 8 (Episode 331 - 374) - Trouble in Anurag and Prerna's paradise
- Chapter 9 (Episode 375 - 402) - Prerna and Anurag's son Prem abducted
- Chapter 10 (Episode 403 - 441) - Anurag suspicious about Prerna and Mr Bajaj. Anurag marries Aparna
- Chapter 11 (Episode 442 - 472) - Prerna moves to Panchmeshwar with her daughter Sneha
- Chapter 12 (Episode 473 - 511) - After 8 years: Sneha visits Anurag's house. Prerna and Mr Bajaj get engaged
- Chapter 13 (Episode 512 - 572) - Sneha fights leukemia
- Chapter 14 (Episode 573 - 623) - Aparna and Debo's plot to murder Anurag
- Chapter 15 (Episode 624 - 646) - Prerna accused of Aparna's murder
- Chapter 16 (Episode 647 - 685) - Prerna marries Mr Bajaj
- Chapter 17 (Episode 686 - 757) - Generation Leap: Shravan avenges his mother Aparna's death
- Chapter 18 (Episode 758 - 781) - Is Tanisha, Mr Bajaj's daughter?
- Chapter 19 (Episode 782 - 833) - Mr Bajaj and Prerna meet with a fatal accident
- Chapter 20 (Episode 834 - 873) - Yudi is Prerna and Anurag's son Prem
- Chapter 21 (Episode 874 - 928) - Yudi's transformation
- Chapter 22 (Episode 929 - 993) - Mukti and Yudi grow closer. Sharad assaults Mukti.
- Chapter 23 (Episode 994 - 1022) - An attempt on Prerna's life
- Chapter 24 (Episode 1023 - 1048) - Prerna takes the blame for Sneha's offence
- Chapter 25 (Episode 1049 - 1069) - After 5 years: Prerna returns from jail
- Chapter 26 (Episode 1070 - 1101) - Prem shattered by Mukti's death
- Chapter 27 (Episode 1102 - 1163) - Prerna takes Prem to Panchameshwar for treatment
- Chapter 28 (Episode 1164 - 1202) - Aparna's attempt to murder Prerna
- Chapter 29 (Episode 1203 - 1250) - Prerna shoots Anurag
- Chapter 30 (Episode 1251 - 1300) - Leap Twenty years: Anurag returns as Pratham
- Chapter 31 (Episode 1301 - 1358) - Sampada confesses her crime. Mr Bajaj is found to be alive
- Chapter 32 (Episode 1359 - 1394) - Prerna exposes Komolika's plan
- Chapter 33 (Episode 1395 - 1423) - Komolika shoots Mr Bajaj. Prerna - Anurag unite in death. Prem writes a book: 'Kasauti Zindagii Kay'.
- "Kasautii Zindagii Kay (Chahat Ke Safar Mein) - Opening song title". YouTube. Kasautii Zindagii Kay. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Kasautii Zindagi Kay TV basti". tvbasti.com. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Kasautii Zindagi Kay Episodes". briyanshu.blogspot.com. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Audiences are used to seeing characters dying and coming back". tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "'Des Mein' ousts 'Kyunki..' & 'Kahaani..' from No. 1 position". Indiantelevision.org. 19 May 2003. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Chapters in Kasautii Zindagii Kay". hotstar.com. 19 May 2003. Retrieved 29 October 2014.