Kase Lukman Lawal
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Lawal was born June 30, 1954 in Ibadan. He obtained his Bachelor of Science in chemistry from Texas Southern University in 1976, and his MBA from Prairie View A&M University, Texas in 1978. He is the chairman and chief executive officer of CAMAC International Corporation, chairman and chief executive officer of CAMAC Energy Inc, and chairman of Allied Energy Corporation in Houston, Texas, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer, CAMAC HOLDINGS; vice chairman, Port of Houston Authority Commission. He also serves as a member of the board of directors and is a significant shareholder in Unity National Bank, the only federally insured and licensed African-American-owned bank in Texas. Lawal was a member of the National Republican Congressional Committee's Business Advisory Council and, in 1994, he was a finalist for the United States Business Entrepreneur of the Year. Lawal is a member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.
- Shell Oil Refining Company, 1975–1977, process engineer
- Dresser Industries, 1977–1979, research chemist
- Suncrest Investment Corporation, 1980–1982, vice president
- Baker Investments, 1982–1986, president
- CAMAC Holdings, 1986–, chief executive officer and president
- Port of Houston Authority Board of Commissioners, 1999–2000, commissioner 2000–, vice chairman
- Allied Energy Corporation, 1991–, chairman.
- USAfrica Business Person of the Year, USAfrica The Newspaper, 1997.
- U.S. Public Records Index Vol 1 & 2 (Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), 2010.
- Chappell, Kevin (2006) "Kase Lawal: from Nigeria to Houston to history: when it comes to oil exploration, refining and trading, the head of CAMAC Holdings is in a class by himself.(Interview)", Ebony, January 1, 2006
- Morgan, Barry (2008) "Setting an Example in Historic African Listing", Upstream, 7 November 2008, retrieved 2010-02-08
- "Lawal Re-Appointed to Port Authority Commission; Prominent Civic and Business Leader Will Serve Third Term as City of Houston Appointee", Business Wire, June 11, 2003
- Johnson, Alverna & Chiakwelu, Emeka (1997) "Community Service Awards Event bring policy and business leaders together with African community at Texas Southern University", USAfricaOnline, retrieved 2010-02-08