|Motto||• Knowledge of the Land (official)
• People own the nation and their taxes become Kasetsart (unofficial)
|Established||February 2, 1943|
|President||Chongrak Wachrinrat, Ph.D. (acting)|
|Location||Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand
|Campus||Urban and Rural (varied by campus)|
Kasetsart University (Thai: มหาวิทยาลัยเกษตรศาสตร์; rtgs: Mahawitthayalai Kasetsat) (KU) is a public university in Thailand. It is ranked in the 651-700 tranche in the QS World University Rankings 2015/16. It was the first agricultural university and the third oldest university in Thailand. It was established on 2 February 1943, to promote subjects related to agricultural science. Since then, Kasetsart University has expanded its subject areas to cover economics, business administration, veterinary medicine, engineering, science, social sciences, humanities, education, and architecture. The university also intends to include medicine and health science in the future. Kasetsart University is in Chatuchak District, Bangkok, and now has four campuses, with an enrolment of approximately 67,000 students. It is the largest university in Thailand.
- 1 History
- 2 Symbols
- 3 Organization
- 4 Research
- 5 International programmes
- 6 Student organizations
- 7 Honorary degrees
- 8 Notable alumni
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
In 1902, King Chulalongkorn promoted the country's silk, silverware, and weaving industries. He hired Dr Kametaro Toyama from the University of Tokyo, to train Siamese students in the silk and weaving crafts of Japanese culture. In 1904, the School of Sericulture has founded at Tambon Thung Saladaeng, Bangkok by Prince Benbadhanabongse, the Director of the Department of Sericulture of the Ministry of Agriculture. The school was renamed the School of Agriculture in 1906.
In 1908, the School of the Ministry of Agriculture has founded at Windsor Palace as the Ministry of Agriculture merged three schools, the School of Surveying (founded in 1882), the School of Irrigation (founded in 1905), and the School of Agriculture. Thailand's first tertiary-level agriculture curriculum began to offer courses in 1909.
In 1917, Phraya Thepsartsatit and Chaophraya Thammasakmontri of the Ministry of Education founded the first primary school of agriculture under the Ministry of Agriculture, named the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School in Tambon Horwang. It moved to Tambon Phra Prathon, Nakhon Pathom Province in 1918.
In 1931, Prince Sithiporn Kridakara and Chaophraya Thammasakmontri together expanded the school regionally. In the central region, a campus was located in Saraburi Province, in the northern region in Chiang Mai Province, in the northeastern region in Nakhon Ratchasima Province, and in the southern region in Songkhla Province.
In 1935, the Primary School Agriculture Teacher Training School in each part of the country was closed and merged following the agricultural education policy in that time. Luang Ingkhasikasikan, Luang Suwan Vajokkasikij, and Phra Chuangkasetsinlapakan together proposed to maintain the Mae Jo School (today's Mae Jo University) at Chiang Mai Province only and renamed it Secondary-level Agriculture Technical School before it was elevated to the College of Agriculture, under the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
The Ministry of Agriculture established the Central Agriculture Station or "Kaset Klang", in Bang Khen District, Bangkok. It caused the College of Agriculture to move to Bang Khen District in 1938 and the government office at Chiang Mai Province became Kasetsart Preparatory School to prepare students to study at the College of Agriculture in Bang Khen.
In 1943, Field Marshal Plaek Phibunsongkhram promoted the College of Agriculture and established Kasetsart University as a department of the Ministry of Agriculture. The university consisted of four faculties: agriculture, fisheries, forestry, and cooperatives (today's Faculty of Economics and Faculty of Business Administration).
In 1966, M.L. Xujati Kambhu, the Fifth President of Kasetsart University, judged the Bang Khen campus too confined and unable to support the education in agricultural sciences called for by the National Social and Economics Development Plan. The Kamphaeng Saen campus was established on 12 November 1979 as a result.
The university further expanded by establishing Si Racha campus, Chalermphrakiat Sakon Nakhon Province campus, Suphan Buri campus, Krabi campus and Lopburi campus. The university already established Si Racha campus in 1989 and the Chalermphrakiat Sakon Nakhon Province campus on 15 August 1996.
Kasetsart University symbol is a Phra Phirun, the god of rain mounted on a Nāga with encircled by lotus petals and then by the words “มหาวิทยาลัยเกษตรศาสตร์ พ.ศ. ๒๔๘๖” for Thai version and “KASETSART UNIVERSITY 1943” for the English version.
The Nontri tree has been a symbol of Kasetsart University since 1963. The king and queen planted nine Nontri trees in the front of Kasetsart University's main auditorium on 29 November 1963 which became historic day for Nisit Kasetsart.
The Nontri is a tree in the Fabaceae family. It is a long-lived evergreen with grey-brown bark with upright branches. The leaves are bipinnate compound and the flowers are yellow, produced in large compound racemes. Its fruit is a pod containing seeds.
Bang Khen (main campus)
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Agro-Industry
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Fisheries
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Veterinary Technology
- Graduate School
Kamphaeng Saen campus
Kamphaeng Saen campus is the first and largest branch of Kasetsart University.
- Faculty of Agriculture at Kamphaeng Saen
- Faculty of Engineering at Kamphaeng Saen
- Faculty of Education and Development Sciences
- Faculty of Liberal Arts and Science
- Faculty of Sports Science
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Center for Excellence in Silk
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering at Sriracha
- Faculty of Science at Sriracha
- Faculty of Economics at Sriracha
- Faculty of International Maritime Studies
Chalermphrakiat Sakhon Nakhon Province campus
- Faculty of Natural Resources and Agro-Industry
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Public Health
- Irrigation College
- Boromrajonani College of Nursing Napparat Vajira
Institute of Food Research and Product Development
The Institute of Food Research and Product Development or IFRPD, a science and food technology research institute, with mandate to providing information and services to the society as well as research following the government policy to resolve the country's economic problems related to agricultural products.
Kasetsart Agricultural and Agro-Industrial Product Improvement Institute
Kasetsart Agricultural and Agro-Industrial Product Improvement Institute or KAPI, an agricultural and agro-industrial product research institute, established on July 29, 1991 to perform research and develop the quality standards to be an excellent academic in non-food innovation.
Kasetsart University Research and Development Institute
Kasetsart University Research and Development Institute or KURDI has a status to administrate and coordinate research projects and research information management of the researchers.
Kasetsart University Institute for Advanced Studies
Kasetsart University Institute for Advanced Studies or KUIAS consists of four advanced research center as follows the Center for Advanced Studies for Agriculture and Food, the Center for Advanced Studies in Tropical Natural Resources, the Center for Advanced Studies in Nanotechnology for Chemical, Food and Agricultural Industries, and the Center for Advanced Studies In Industrial Technology. There are responsible for carrying out a targeted research initiatives. 
Center for Excellence in Silk
Housed at Kasetsart University Kamphaeng Saen Campus, the center is a provider of silkworm eggs and know-how to Thai farmers.
|Agriculture||B.S.||Tropical Agriculture||4 years|
|Agro-Industry||B.S.||Agro-Industrial Innovation and Technology||4 years|
|Business Administration||B.B.A.||Marketing||4 years|
|Economics||B.A.||Entrepreneurial Economics||4 years|
|Engineering||B.Eng.||Aerospace Engineering and Aviation Management (RMIT Double Degree Programme)||5 years|
|Electrical Engineering||4 years|
|Electrical Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering||4 years|
|Environmental Engineering||4 years|
|Industrial Engineering||4 years|
|Mechanical Engineering||4 years|
|Software and Knowledge Engineering||4 years|
|Humanities||B.A.||Communicative Thai Language for Foreigners||4 years|
|Integrated Tourism Management||4 years|
|Science||B.S.||Bioscience and Technology||4 years|
|Integrated Chemistry||4 years|
|Business Administration||M.B.A.||Business Administration|
|Economics||M.S.||Agricultural and Resource Economics|
|Information and Communication Technology for Embedded Systems|
|Fisheries||M.S.||Fishery Science and Technology|
|Veterinary Medicine||M.S.||Animal Health and Biomedical Sciences|
|Kamphaeng Saen||Agriculture at Kamphaeng Saen||M.S.||Agricultural Research and Development|
|Sports Science||M.S.||Sport Management|
|Economics||Ph.D.||Agricultural and Resource Economics|
|Fisheries||Ph.D.||Fishery Science and Technology|
|Humanities||Ph.D.||English for International Communication|
|Veterinary Medicine||Ph.D.||Animal Health and Biomedical Sciences|
|Kamphaeng Saen||Agriculture at Kamphaeng Saen||Ph.D.||Agricultural Research and Development|
|Sports Science||Ph.D.||Sport Management|
- Kasetsart University Student Council or KUSC, a central organization of KU students according to the student constitution of Kasetsart University since 1952.
- Kasetsart University Student Administrative Board or KUSAB represent KU student interests administratively in academics, social, and recreational activities.
The university has given honorary degrees to heads of state and other dignitaries:
- HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, 23 July 1983
- HIH Prince Akishino, 8 March 2011
- Benigno Aquino III, 27 May 2011
- HRH Princess Chulabhorn, Princess of Thailand
- Srirasmi Suwadee, a former member of the royal family of Thailand
- Seub Nakhasathien, a Thai conservationist who was well known for his efforts to conserve and protect the nature
- Khemanit Jamikorn, a Thai TV actress, singer and model
- Nat Thewphaingam, a Thai singer, actor, model, presenter and the winner of the 5th season of reality talent show True Visions's Academy Fantasia
- Thanapob Leeratanakajorn, a Thai actor and model, best known as Phai in Hormones: The Series
- Perawat Sangpotirat, a Thai model and actor, best known as Arthit in SOTUS: The Series
- List of universities in Thailand
- List of colleges and universities
- Kasetsart University Laboratory School
- "The University Administration". Kasetsart University. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- "Administration: Number of Personnel". Kasetsart University. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Total Students". Kasetsart University. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Kasetsart Symbol". Kasetsart University. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "QS World University Rankings 2015/16". QS Top Universities. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences "A Scientist and a Link of the Chain uniting Thailand and Japan" Retrieved 2017-01-02
- กรมหม่อนไหม ประวัติกรมหม่อนไหม Retrieved 2017-01-02
- มหาวิทยาลัยเกษตรศาสตร์ การพัฒนาอาชีวเกษตรกรรม Retrieved 2017-01-02
- บุคคลสำคัญของมหาวิทยาลัย เรียกดูวันที่ 2013-02-21
- ราชกิจจานุเบกษา พระราชบัญญัติมหาวิทยาลัยเกษตรศาสตร์ พุทธศักราช ๒๔๘๖ Retrieved 2017-01-02
- ราชกิจจานุเบกษา พระราชบัญญัติมหาวิทยาลัยเกษตรศาสตร์ พ.ศ. ๒๔๘๖ Retrieved 2017-01-02
- ประวัติมหาวิทยาลัย Retrieved 2017-01-02
- ประวัติมหาวิทยาลัยทศวรรษที่สี่ พ.ศ. 2516-2525 Retrieved 2017-01-02
- History of the Campus Retrieved 2017-01-02
- About KU.CSC Retrieved 2017-01-02
- พระราชบัญญัติมหาวิทยาลัยเกษตรศาสตร์ พ.ศ. ๒๕๕๘ Retrieved 2017-01-02
- ราชกิจจานุเบกษา กำหนดภาพเครื่องหมายราชการ ตามพรบ.เครื่องหมายราชการ พ.ศ. 2482 ลงวันที่ ๑๓ กรกฎาคม ๒๕๕๒ Retrieved 2017-01-02
- มหาวิทยาลัยเกษตรศาสตร์: ต้นนนทรี Retrieved 2017-01-02
- Wangkiat, Paritta (19 February 2017). "Ericulture reeling them in". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Introduced organization". Institute of Food Research and Product Development. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "About us". Kasetsart Agricultural and Agro-Industrial Product Improvement Institute. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "Introduced organization". Kasetsart University Research and Development Institute. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- "Kasetsart University Research". KU forest. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "วันพฤหัสบดีที่ ๒๑ กรกฎาคม ๒๕๒๖". หอประวัติมหาวิทยาลัยเกษตรศาสตร์. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "มก.ทูลเกล้าฯ ถวายปริญญาวิทยาศาสตรดุษฎีบัณฑิตกิตติมศักดิ์ สาขาสัตวศาสตร์ แด่ เจ้าชายอากิชิโน". Office of the Public Relations, Kasetsart University. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "มก. จัดพิธีประสาทปริญญาปรัชญาดุษฎีบัณฑิตกิตติมศักดิ์ (เศรษฐศาสตร์)" (PDF). สำนักงานเลขานุการ คณะเศรษฐศาสตร์ มหาวิทยาลัยเกษตรศาสตร์. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kasetsart University.|
- Official website (in Thai)