Kasey Smith (singer)
Kasey Smith (2014)
|Born||29 March 1990|
|Associated acts||Wonderland, Can-Linn|
Kasey Smith (born 29 March 1990) is an Irish singer. Smith is a former member of the group Wonderland, which was mildly successful. She attempted to represent Ireland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 with the song "Kiss Me", ultimately placing third in the national final. The next year, she was internally selected to represent Ireland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen, Denmark. She performed the song "Heartbeat" with the group Can-Linn but failed to make it to the final.
Kasey first appeared on the music scene in 2008 when she successfully auditioned for Louis Walsh and Kian Egan's new girl band, Wonderland.
Kasey has a distinctive tattoo on her left arm that reads 'feel the fear and do it anyway.'
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Kiss Me"||2013||—||Non-album single|
(Can-linn featuring Kasey Smith)
- 1 March 2014 - 08:39 AM (19 February 2014). "Can-linn to represent Ireland at Eurovision; Walsh and Martin row on show". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Kathryn Rogers (8 February 2013). "Pop babes – Kasey Smith and Zoe Alexis Bohorquez faves for Eurovision 2013 - Irish Daily Star | Irish Daily Star". Thestar.ie. Archived from the original on 2 March 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Melanie Finn Showbiz Editor – 8 February 2013 10:35 AM (8 February 2013). "Eurovision is my last chance says ex-Wonderland beauty Kasey". Herald.ie. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Kasey Smith's our Eurovision rep - RTÉ Ten". Rte.ie. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Updated 1 March 2014 12:03 AM (28 February 2013). "Linda Martin and Aslan star have stand-up row during Eurovision sing-off". Independent.ie. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Roxburgh, Gordon (28 February 2014). "Ireland to be represented by Kasey Smith". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 28 February 2014.[permanent dead link]
- "'We should have qualified, but I'm giving Conchita my support for final tonight' - a devastated Kasey Smith talks Eurovision". evoke.ie. 10 May 2014.
- Peak chart positions in Ireland:
|Awards and achievements|
Ryan Dolan with "Only Love Survives"
| Ireland in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "Playing with Numbers"
|This Irish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|