From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir, or कश्मीर in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Kashmir mainly refers to the northwestern region of South Asia claimed by India, Pakistan and (partially) China. It may also refer to :
- Kashmir Valley, surrounded by the Pir Panjal mountain ranges; traditionally termed "Kashmir", from whence the region takes its name.
- Kashmir Subah, Mughal imperial province
- Jammu and Kashmir (princely state), the former princely state which came to an end in 1952
- Kashmir conflict, the territorial dispute over the Kashmir region:
- Jammu and Kashmir, Indian-administered Kashmir; disputed by Pakistan.
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan-administered regions of Kashmir; disputed by India.
- Trans-Karakoram Tract, area ceded by Pakistan to China by the Sino-Pak Border Agreement in 1963; disputed by India.
- Aksai Chin, an area of Kashmir region administered by China; disputed by India.
- Kashmir, Iran, a village in Hormozgan Province, Iran
Music and films
- KSHMR, born Niles Hollowell-Dhar, a Kashmiri DJ and record producer (formerly of The Cataracs)
- Kashmir (band), Danish rock band
- "Kashmir" (song), 1975 song by rock band Led Zeppelin from the album Physical Graffiti
- Kashmir: Symphonic Led Zeppelin, tribute album to Led Zeppelin
- "Kashmir", instrumental track by Scooter from Back to the Heavyweight Jam
- "Kashmir," song by the band Liquid Blue
- Kashmir, a 1951 Hindi film starring Kamal Kapoor, Badri Prasad
- SS Kashmir, P & O liner that served as a troopship during World War 1
- HMS Kashmir (F12), World War 2, Royal Navy destroyer
- Cashmere (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Kashmir.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.