Kasie Sue Hunt
May 24, 1985
|Education||Conestoga High School|
|Alma mater||George Washington University (BA)|
St John's College, Cambridge (MA)
|Occupation||Political reporter for NBC News and MSNBC|
Kasie Sue Hunt (born May 24, 1985) is an American political correspondent. She is NBC News Capitol Hill correspondent, covering Congress across all NBC News and MSNBC platforms, and the host of MSNBC's Way Too Early with Kasie Hunt.
Early life and education
Hunt was born in Michigan and grew up in Wayne, Pennsylvania. She is the daughter of Bruce and Krista Hunt and the sibling of younger sister Carly Hunt. Her father manages real estate design and construction for Penn Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System in Philadelphia, and her mother is a yoga teacher in Easton. Her sister is a former golfer for both the Georgetown Hoyas and Maryland Terrapins women's golf teams.
Hunt graduated from Conestoga High School in 2003. She attended George Washington University graduating magna cum laude with a degree in international affairs in 2006. She earned her master's degree in sociology from St John's College, Cambridge.
Hunt started her career in journalism as an intern in the political unit of NBC News. She was a health policy reporter for National Journal's CongressDaily, writing about the passage of the Affordable Care Act. She wrote for Politico, covering the 2010 midterm elections. She started working as a national political reporter for the Associated Press in August 2011 and covered Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign.
In January 2013, Hunt joined NBC News as an off-air reporter and producer covering Congress and politics. She started appearing regularly on MSNBC as a political reporter and in November 2014 became a political correspondent. She writes for msnbc.com and has appeared regularly on MSNBC and Bloomberg shows, including Morning Joe, Hardball with Chris Matthews, and With All Due Respect.
In October 2017, Hunt began anchoring her own talk show on MSNBC, Kasie DC, which aired in two separate segments on Sundays at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. ET The final episode of Kasie DC aired on Sunday, September 13, 2020.
On Monday September 21, 2020, Kasie Hunt began anchoring a restart of the MSNBC talk show Way Too Early under the new name Way Too Early with Kasie Hunt. Her new program currently airs on weekday mornings from 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. ET.
- "Kasie Hunt, Matthew Rivera". The New York Times. May 7, 2017. Retrieved November 30, 2020.
- Kasie Hunt Biography | MSNBC
- "Kasie Hunt on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved August 17, 2020.
- Georgetown University. "Carly Hunt". Georgetown Hoyas. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- University of Maryland, College Park. "Carly Hunt". Maryland Terrapins. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Alumni Newsmakers". GW Magazine. Fall 2011.
- "Kasie Hunt to join AP as political reporter". Townhall. AP. August 19, 2011.
- Santora, Joyce E. (May 18, 2017). "Social edition: NBC News/Stoga star Kasie Hunt's wedding (exclusive!) & other Derby Day soirées". Mainline Social. Retrieved May 20, 2017.
- Bloomgarden-Smoke, Kara (December 27, 2012). "Political Reporter Kasie Hunt is Leaving the AP for NBC". Observer.
- "Kasie Hunt Joins NBC News as Off-Air Political Reporter". BWW TV World. December 27, 2012.
- Massella, Nick (September 4, 2014). "Kasie Hunt Named MSNBC Political Correspondent". FishbowlDC.
- "Kasie Hunt Gets Her Own MSNBC Sunday Night Program". October 12, 2017.
- "Kasie Hunt, Matthew Rivera". The New York Times. May 7, 2017. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "NBC News correspondent Kasie Hunt, husband Matt Rivera welcome baby boy". Today. September 6, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kasie Hunt.|