|Full name||Kaspar Flütsch|
|Born||20 June 1986|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
|Coached by||Franco Giovanoli|
Kaspar Flütsch (born 20 June 1986 in Luzein) is a Swiss alpine snowboarder. He represented his nation Switzerland at the 2014 Winter Olympics, and has achieved numerous top ten finishes in alpine snowboarding at the FIS World Cup series. Since his illustrious sporting career began at eleven, Flütsch continues to train for Panys Ski Club under his personal coach Franco Giovanoli.
Flütsch qualified for two alpine snowboarding events (including the first ever men's parallel slalom) at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi by achieving a fourth-place finish from the FIS World Cup series in Sudelfeld, Germany. In the men's giant slalom, Flütsch delivered a seventh-seeded time of 1:37.82 to grab a spot for the knockout rounds, where he eventually lost to his teammate and former Olympic champion Simon Schoch by 22-hundredths of a second. Three days later, in the men's slalom, Flütsch failed to advance further for the next races after finishing behind Italy's Roland Fischnaller in the first round by a 0.11-second deficit.
- "Kaspar Flütsch". Sochi 2014. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- ""Es geht mir saugut"" ["I'm damned good"] (in German). ORF. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Nächste Medaillenchance für Alpin-Boarder" [Next medal chance for an alpine snowboarder] (in German). Neue Luzerner Zeitung. 21 February 2014. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Die Schweizer Athleten in Sotschi" [The Swiss athletes in Sochi] (in German). Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen. 24 January 2014. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Men's Parallel Giant Slalom Round of 16 Finals". Sochi 2014. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Gold für Kummer, Silber für Galmarini" [Gold for Kümmer, silver for Galmarini] (in German). Neue Zürcher Zeitung. 19 February 2014. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Men's Parallel Slalom Round of 16 Finals". Sochi 2014. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Official website (in German)
- Profile – Swiss Olympic Team (in French)
- NBC Olympics Profile
- FIS Ski Profile
- Kaspar Flütsch on Twitter
|This biographical article relating to a Swiss sportsperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to snowboarding is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|