|Created by||Delia Fiallo|
|Directed by||Grazio D'Angelo
|Theme music composer||Jose Antonio Bordell|
|Opening theme||Kassandra by Jose Antonio Bordell|
|Country of origin||Venezuela|
|No. of episodes||150|
|Executive producer(s)||Omar Pin
|Original release||October 8, 1992 – May 11, 1993|
|Related shows||Peregrina (2005, Televisa)|
Kassandra (1992–1993) is a Venezuelan telenovela written by Delia Fiallo and produced by RCTV. The story revolved around a gypsy maiden marrying into a rich family. However, she does not realize that she is the granddaughter of the man in the house. Her husband is killed on her wedding night, and she is blamed for the murder.
Kassandra lasted 150 episodes between October 1992 and May 1993, and it achieved a significant amount of success outside Venezuela. It was extremely successful in its later airings in Italy, Russia, former Eastern Bloc nations, former Yugoslavia and Bulgaria, as well as the Middle East, South Asia and East Asia. In 2008, the show was also remade in Russia as Принцесса цирка (Princess of the Circus).
The action begins 20 years prior to the actual plot, when a travelling circus sets up on the outskirts of Caracas. Andreina Arocha, the daughter of a wealthy landowner, is awestruck by the clowns, the wild animals, and a Gypsy fortuneteller who relates wonderful things the future has in store. Unbeknownst to Andreina, the fortuneteller actually sees a tragic destiny for her and something mysterious forewarns that their paths will meet again. One year later when the circus returns, Andreina has died of a terminal illness after giving birth to a baby girl. At the same time, Andreina's stepmother, Herminia, an unscrupulous and overly-ambitious woman, discovers that a Gypsy from the circus and her newborn have died during childbirth. Herminia, who has twin sons from a previous marriage and wants them to be sole heirs to the Arocha fortune, plots a devious plan and carries it out with the help of a hired hand. One dark night, he follows Herminia's orders to exchange the infants. In the crib, the lifeless body of the infant Gypsy replaces Andreina's healthy child who in turn is given to the Gypsies. The next day, the circus packs up and leaves town.
Years go by. Finally, one day the circus returns and so does Kassandra, who has grown to be a beautiful young woman. According to Gypsy tradition, the woman who raised Kassandra, her supposed grandmother, promised her hand in matrimony when she was an infant to Randu, a rough young man who is now the leader of the tribe.
During the first night of the Gypsies' arrival to town, while Randu dances with his future wife, Kassandra's eyes wander to another man. Their eyes meet and become locked in a strong mutual attraction. The man who stares is Luis David, one of Herminia's twin sons. Later the two talk below the starry sky, in the loneliness of the mountainside where they share a magical moment. The following day however, Luis David leaves town without a word.
Not long after, his twin brother Ignacio discovers that Kassandra is the true heir to the Arocha fortune and he tricks her into marrying him. The first night of their fateful honeymoon, Ignacio is mysteriously killed by his ex-wife and maid Rosaura, but Kassandra thinks that he has left her. In an effort to discover his brother's assassin, Luis David returns and assumes Ignacio's identity. His suspicions fall on Kassandra, the beautiful young gypsy who knew her husband so briefly and who now believes that Luis David is her husband.
- Coraima Torres as Andreina Arocha de Rangel/Kassandra la gitana/Kassandra Rangel Arocha/Kassandra Rangel de Contreras
- Osvaldo Ríos as Ignacio Contreras/Luis David Contreras
- Henry Soto as Randu
- Raul Xiques as Alfonso Arocha
- Carmencita Padron as Ofelia Alonso
- Nury Flores as Herminia Arocha
- Esperanza Magaz as Dorinda
- Carlos Arreaza as Tomas
- Alexander Milic as Matias Osorio
- Hylene Rodriguez as Lilia Rosa Alonso
- André Filipe as Transformista Barato
- Ivan Tamayo as Hector Quintero
- Loly Sanchez as Rosaura Osorio
- Fernando Flores as Simon
- Veronica Cortez as Yaritza
- Juan Frankis as Marcelino
- Erika Medina as Isabel
- Rafael Romero as Glinka
- Cecilia Villarreal as Gema Salazar
- Roberto Moll as Manrique Alonso
- Mimi Sills as Elvira Alonso
- Manuel Escolano as Roberto Alonso
- Miguel de León as Ernesto Rangel
- Saul Martinez as Doctor
- Nelly Prigoryan as Verushka
- Lupe Barrado
- Ron Duarte
- Pedro Duran as Calunga
- Eduardo Gadea Perez as Judge
- Margarita Hernandez as Norma De Castro
- Maria Hinojosa
- Felix Landaeta as Lic. Carrion
- Frank Moreno
- Julio Mujica
- Jose Oliva as Lic. Olivera
- Carlos Omana
- "RCTV (1991-92), 150 capitulos Kassandra". vencor.narod. Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- "Kassandra – Coral Producciones (1992)". todotnv.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "IX WORLD SUMMIT OF THE TELENOVELA AND FICTION SERIES INDUSTRY AWARDS GAINS AND NEW TENDENCIES". tvmasmagazine.com. Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- "PROTAGONIZADA POR CORAIMA TORRES Y OSVALDO RÍOS ʽKassandraʼ" (in Spanish). teleprograma.es. Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- "¡ANTES Y DESPUÉS! Así lucen algunos de los actores de la novela Kassandra (+ Fotos)". veonoticia (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- "Kassandra". seriesnow.com. Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- "Coraima Torres, la inolvidable Kassandra: “La vida ha sido muy generosa conmigo”". teleprograma (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- "OSVALDO RIOS TRIUMPHS IN HOLLYWOOD AS A PRODUCER". Osvaldorios.net. Retrieved 4 February 2017.
|Romania||Kassandra||ANTENA 1||March 10, 1996||Monday to Friday||9:00 pm|
|Spain||Kassandra||TVE-1||March 7, 1995||October 7, 2005||Monday to Friday||6:00 pm|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Kasandra||SRT (RTRS)||February 10, 1997||September 8, 1997||Monday to Friday||4:00 pm|
|November 9, 1992,||June 4, 1993||Monday to Friday||1:00 pm|
|Venezuela||Kassandra||RCTV||October 8, 1992||May 11, 1993||Monday to Friday||10:00 pm|
|May 16, 1994
February 14, 2000
|February 18, 1995
October 20, 2000
|Monday to Friday||3:00 pm
|April 18, 1994
January 3, 2000
|January 17, 1995
September 15, 2000
|Monday to Friday||6:00 pm
|Serbia||Kasandra||RTS 3 (Treći kanal)||February 10, 1997||September 8, 1997||Monday to Friday||9:00 pm|
|Indonesia||Kassandra||SCTV||March 9, 1994
July 3, 1995
|March 8, 1995
February 8, 1996
Monday to Friday
|Algeria||Kassandra||ENTV||1997||1998||Saturday to Thursday||1:30 pm|
|Philippines||Kassandra||ABS-CBN||1998||1999||Monday to Friday|