October 10, 1983 (age 31)
|Home town||Newbury Park, California, United States|
|Web hosting service(s)||YouTube|
Kassem Gharaibeh (Arabic: قاسم الغرايبه), known by his stage name Kassem G, is an Arab American comedian and actor, best known for his online content. His YouTube channel, "KassemG", hosts several hundred videos, most notably the California On, Going Deep and Street Music webseries. As of June 2015[update] Gharaibeh has more than 2.6 million YouTube subscribers, and 415 million video views, and a secondary channel, "KassemGtwo", maintains more than a half million subscribers.
Gharaibeh was born in Jordan to a Jordanian father and an Egyptian mother. He lived in Saudi Arabia for a short time and moved to Florida when he was four years old. He grew up in Ventura County, California.
Before his YouTube career, Gharaibeh was working at a Best Buy and doing stand-up comedy on the weekends, mostly performing in small venues like restaurants. He got the idea to start making YouTube videos when his friend Cory Williams had a video that went viral. In 2009 he co-founded Maker Studios along with Shay Butler and Lisa Donovan. After working in retail for 10 years, Gharaibeh finally quit his job and began making videos full-time.
In June 2011 and January 2012, he guest hosted the popular web series Equals Three, created by Ray William Johnson. In 2011, he co-starred in the YouTube film, Agents of Secret Stuff starring Ryan Higa as Mr. Anderson.
- "KassemG Exclusive Interview : The Partners Project Ep.5". Partnersproject.com. 2010. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- "KassemG". YouTube. Retrieved December 28, 2013.
- "KassemGtwo - More Terrible Videos". YouTube. Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- Miller, Claire Cain (April 10, 2011). "Actors in Smaller Studios, Making Pictures for the Smaller Screen". The New York Times. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- RayWilliamJohnson (June 13, 2011). "Schindler's Geese". YouTube. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- RayWilliamJohnson (January 13, 2012). "Hole People". YouTube. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
|This article about an American comedian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|