|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Batu Kawan, Penang
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Ramasamy Palanisamy (DAP-PR)|
Kasthuriraani d/o Patto
9 August 1979
|Political party||Democratic Action Party|
Kasthuriraani d/o Patto (Tamil: கஸ்தூரி பட்டு, translit. Kastūri paṭṭu; born 9 August 1981) is a Malaysian politician from the Democratic Action Party (DAP); a component party of the Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition. She is the incumbent Member of Parliament for Batu Kawan in Penang since 2013.
Kasthuriraani is the daughter of the late P. Patto Perumal; a former senior DAP politician and Member of Parliament.She has one sister, named Shaalini Anne Patto.
In the 2013 general election, Kasthuriraani Patto was elected as Malaysian member of parliament for P46 Batu Kawan constituency. She was famously known for fighting for female rights in the parliament. In the 2018 general election, she was reelected again.
|2013||Kasthuriraani a/p Patto (DAP)||36,636||72.97%||Gobalakrishnan a/l Narayanasamy (MIC)||10,674||21.26%||50,208||25,962||87.32%|
|Huan Cheng Guan (PCM)||1801||3.59%|
|Mohan Apparoo (IND)||305||0.61%|
|2018||Kasthuriraani a/p Patto (DAP)||42,683||78.02 %||Jayanthi Devi a/p Balaguru (MIC)||9,130||16.69%||55,479||33,553||84.84%|
|Jay Kumar Balakrishna (PAS)||2,636||4.82%|
|Ooi Khar Giap (PFP)||256||0.47%|
- "Portal Rasmi Parlimen Malaysia - Ahli Parlimen". Parlimen.gov.my. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Patto's daughter among new faces for Penang DAP". Free Malaysia Today. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 11 July 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.Results only available for the 2013 election.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|