|Assistant International Secretary |
of the Democratic Action Party
|Assumed office |
20 March 2022
|International Secretary||Jannie Lasimbang|
|Secretary-General||Anthony Loke Siew Fook|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Batu Kawan
5 May 2013 – 19 November 2022
|Preceded by||Ramasamy Palanisamy |
|Succeeded by||Chow Kon Yeow |
|Majority||25,962 (2013) |
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
|2013–2018||Democratic Action Party|
Kasthuriraani d/o Patto
9 August 1979
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
|Political party||Democratic Action Party (DAP)|
|Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
Pakatan Rakyat (PR)
|Relations||Patto Perumal (father) |
Karpal Singh (uncle)
Gobind Singh Deo (cousin)
Jagdeep Singh Deo (cousin)
Ramkarpal Singh (cousin)
Kasthuriraani d/o Patto (Tamil: கஸ்தூரி பட்டு, romanized: Kastūri paṭṭu; born 9 August 1979) is a Malaysian politician from the Democratic Action Party (DAP), a component party of the Pakatan Harapan (PH) opposition coalition. She served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Batu Kawan from May 2013 to November 2022. She has served as the Assistant International Secretary of DAP since March 2022 and President of the Parliamentarians for Global Action (PGA) since December 2021 as well as Member of the Steering Group for the International Panel of Parliamentarians for the Freedom of Religion and Belief.
Kasthuriraani is the daughter of Mary Patto and the late Patto Perumal; a former senior DAP politician and Member of Parliament. She has one sister, named Shaalini Anne Patto. She was engaged with her French boyfriend on 4 May 2022 and got married on 6 May.
In the 2013 general election, Kasthuriraani Patto was elected as Malaysian member of parliament for P46 Batu Kawan constituency. She was famously known for fighting for female rights in the parliament.
In the 2018 general election, she was reelected again with a higher majority.
In 2022, she decided to not defend her seat to make way for new leader. She was succeeded by Chow Kon Yeow, the Chief Minister of Penang.
|2013||Kasthuriraani a/p Patto (DAP)||36,636||72.97%||Gobalakrishnan a/l Narayanasamy (Gerakan)||10,674||21.26%||50,208||25,962||87.32%|
|Huan Cheng Guan (PCM)||1801||3.59%|
|Mohan Apparoo (IND)||305||0.61%|
|2018||Kasthuriraani a/p Patto (DAP)||42,683||78.02 %||Jayanthi Devi a/p Balaguru (Gerakan)||9,130||16.69%||55,479||33,553||84.84%|
|Jay Kumar Balakrishna (PAS)||2,636||4.82%|
|Ooi Khar Giap (PFP)||256||0.47%|
- ^ "Bio". Twitter. Retrieved 30 July 2020.
Born August 9, 1979
- ^ "Portal Rasmi Parlimen Malaysia - Ahli Parlimen". Parlimen.gov.my. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- ^ "Patto's daughter among new faces for Penang DAP". Free Malaysia Today. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- ^ "Batu Kawan MP Kasthuri Patto marries French boyfriend". Free Malaysia Today. Retrieved 7 May 2022.
- ^ "GE15: Batu Kawan MP Kasthuri will not defend her seat". The Star. Retrieved 20 Oct 2022.
- ^ "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 11 July 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- ^ "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- ^ "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.Results only available for the 2013 election.
- ^ "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- ^ "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Archived from the original on 21 March 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- ^ "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- ^ "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- Living people
- 1979 births
- People from Ipoh
- People from Perak
- Malaysian Christians
- Malaysian politicians of Indian descent
- Democratic Action Party (Malaysia) politicians
- Members of the Dewan Rakyat
- Women members of the Dewan Rakyat
- Women in Penang politics
- 21st-century Malaysian politicians
- 21st-century Malaysian women politicians