In contemporary practice of Ayurveda, it is consulted especially in the fields of Ayuvedic pediatrics, gynecology and obstetrics. It is also part of the Ayurveda teaching syllabus especially in Kaumarabhritya Balaroga (Pediatrics).
The Kashyap samhita contains 200 chapters.
- Sutra sthan, of 30 chapters
- Nidan sthan, of 8 chapters
- Vimana sthan, of 8 chapters
- Shareer sthan, of 8 chapters
- Indriya sthan, of 12 chapters,
- Chikitsa sthan, of 30 chapters,
- Siddhi sthan, of 12 chapters
- Kalpa sthan, of 12 chapters
- Khil Bhag, of 80 chapters.
- The Journal of the Bihar Research Society, Volume 55, 1969, p. 97.
- Q7 Archived 2008-03-14 at the Wayback Machine. indianmedicine.nic.in. Q 7. The main classical texts for reference of Ayurvedic principles include Charak Samhita, Susruta Samhita, Astanga Hridaya, Sharangdhara Samhita, Madhava Nidan, Kashyapa Samhita, Bhavprakasha and Bhaishajya Ratnavali etc.
- Neonatal & Child Care, Reference Books Banaras Hindu University Department of Kaumarbhrityal Balroga.
- Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe. Pearson General Knowledge Manual 2009. Pearson. p. 196.
- Terence Duke. The Boddhisattva Warriors: The Origin, Inner Philosophy, History and Symbolism of the Buddhist Martial Art Within India and China (p. 139-145).
- Kashyap Samhita - (English), K.R. Srikrishnamurthy
- Kashyap-Samhita or Vriddha-JivakiyaTantra 1970. Trans IGM Shastri, Bombay Sastu Sahitya, 757.
- Kashyap Samhita or Vridhajivakiya Tantra; text with English translation and commentary; edited by Prof. (km.) P. V. Tewari with Dr. Neeraj Kumar, Dr. R. D. Sharma and Dr. Abhimanyu Kumar
- Kashyap Samhita, Hindi translation with commentary edited by Nepal Raj Guru Pandita Hemaraja Sharma commentary by Shri Satyapal Bhishagacharya.
- Kasyapa Samhita: Vriddha Jivakiya Tantra (Online Text) (in Sanskrit). Gurukul Kangri. 1953.