This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ethnic minority interests
|European affiliation||European Free Alliance|
|European Parliament group||unrepresented|
Kaszëbskô Jednota is an association of people who want to actively participate in the life of the Kashubian nation and who recognize its right to cultural autonomy and self-identity within the Republic of Poland.
History of organisation
Kaszëbskô Jednota was created by people previously associated with Tatczëzna and Òdroda periodicals, web portal Nasze Kaszuby (originally known as "Zasoby Kaszubsko-Pomorskie"), a literary group ZYMK and Kashubian-Pomeranian Association.
Objectives of the association
- Lobby for a change in the law on minorities, so that Kashubs acquire ethnic minority status.
- Resurgence and establishment of the national consciousness of Kashubians.
- Revival of Kashubian culture.
- Promoting knowledge about Kashubians.
- Protecting the ethnic rights of people declaring Kashubian nationality.
- Shaping and developing active attitude amongst young generation of Kashubians, fostering the creation of governance and a sense of full responsibility for their homeland.
The KJ has sparked a media debate on the status of the Kashubian community and the Kashubian movement. The association seeks consolidation of the Kashubian national movement and asserts that ethnic minority status is necessary to increase the protection and development of the Kashubian culture. The president of the Kashubian-Pomeranian Association, Łukasz Grzędzicki, disagrees that ethnic minority status is necessary or desirable.
- "Prawny aspekt".
- "Sztatut" (PDF).
- "FAQ - Pyt.1: Kiedy i dlaczego powstała Kaszëbskô Jednota?".
- "Kaszubi będą mniejszością etniczną?" [Kashubians will become an ethnic minority?]. newsweek.pl (in Polish). 24 January 2012.
- "Kaszubi narodem? Proszą prezydenta o wsparcie" [Kashubians ask President for support]. tvn24.pl (in Polish). 4 July 2013.
- "Kaszubi chcą być narodem" [Kashubians want to be a nation] (in Polish). Polskie Radio. 20 July 2013.
- Katka, Krzysztof (25 January 2012). "Kaszubska mniejszość wśród Kaszubów" [Kashubian minority] (in Polish). Gazeta Wyborcza.
- Jedlecki, Przemysław (3 March 2012). "Ślązacy i Kaszubi jednoczą siły. Chcą być niemal jak narody [WIDEO]" [Silesians and Kashubians join forces] (in Polish). Gazeta Wyborcza.
- "Kaszubi mniejszością etniczną? Szef ZK-P: To oderwane od rzeczywistości" [Kashubians an ethnic minority? Leader of the ZKP: That's out of touch with reality] (in Polish). Express Kaszubski. 27 January 2012.
- Adamkowicz, Marek (29 January 2012). "Burza na Kaszubach. Odżył spór o narodowość" [Storm in Kashubia. Dispute over ethnic status revived.] (in Polish). Dziennik bałtycki.
|This Poland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|