This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Budapest Business School University of Applied Sciences – senior research fellow
Digital Identity Agency – head of research and developmentMasaryk University Brno – visiting professor
Katalin Feher Ph.D. with habilitation (born 1974) is a digital trend fitter and a new media researcher. Senior research fellow of digital research at the Research Centre of Budapest Business University, Hungary, co-founder & head of research and innovation at Digital Identity Agency, Hungary & UK, visiting professor at the Masaryk University, Czech Republic. Feher’s research and teaching focuses on digital trends and strategies, digital culture, new media theories and best practices, digital and mobile identity, Digital_footprint, smart and ANI environments, and also, social media.
Katalin Feher was born in Dunaujvaros, Hungary. She studied philosophy, communication and media, literature and linguistics at University of Pecs. After spending several years practicing mass and emerging new media she started her international career in digital research and developments. This period also represented her Ph.D. studies in mass and new media titled Reality Factories. University of Pennsylvania and Wesleyan University added extra specialisation for her on gamification studies and on social psychology. The year of her habilitation is 2018. Feher’s interest extends to both practice and theory in her field while her academic and professional careers are building parallel.
Feher is a senior research fellow of digital research at the Research Centre of Budapest Business University, Hungary and a visiting professor at the Masaryk University, Czech Republic. She was working along others for Philosophy Ph.D. program of University of Pecs, Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design and Corvinus University of Budapest. Her highlighted international experience are the followings.
- University of Georgia New Media Institute (USA)
- Multimedia University (Malaysia)
- Taylor’s University (Malaysia)
- Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
- Korea University Digital Media Lab (South-Korea)
- Jagiellonian University (Poland)
- CIEP (China)
- University of Oslo (Norway)
Her papers and curriculum developments are applied among others by University of Gothenburg, Masaryk University, University of Malta, Taylor’s University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Eötvös Lóránd University, Corvinus University of Budapest, and Budapesti Business School University of Applied Sciences.
She is a digital trend fitter and online communication strategy consultant. She focuses on future-oriented companies, projects and best practices. As an expert, Feher worked among others with Shell, Microsoft, T-Mobile, Telenor, Prezi, Cafe Communications, Culture.Crane, Insomnia, and Morpho Communications. She has been working as a professional trainer at Kürt Academy since 2012.
- Technology, Knowledge & Society Research Network
- European Communication Research and Education Association
- European Society for Aesthetics
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences, member of public body
- UNESCO IFAP, Information Accessibility Working Group, delegated by UNESCO Hungarian National Commission
- Tempus Public Foundation, expert
- Hungarian Communication Studies Association
Honors & Awards
- Scientific Publication Award, 1st Place, Journal of Media Researcher
- Scientific Award, BBU
- BBU CIMB Scientific Award 2017
- Best presentation and best paper at 2nd International Conference on "Trends in Multidisciplinary Business and Economics Research" 2015
- Budapest Business School CIMB Science Award 2014
- Multimedia in Education Ring, award by John von Neumann Computer Society
Selected publications and projects
- Katalin Feher (2018) Issues and Consultation Platform in Contemporary Smart or ANI Environments. Fourteenth International Conference on Technology, Knowledge, Society. New York, St. John's University, Paper 6.
- Feher, Katalin (2017) NetFrameWork and the Digitalized-Mediatized Self, Corvinus Journal of Sociology and Social Policy 8:(1) 111–126.] see 
- Feher, Katalin (2017) Digital Mobilisation and Identity after Smart Turn. In: Information Resources Management Association, Psychology and Mental Health: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications. Hershey (PA): Information Science Reference 1811-1832.
- Feher, K. (2017) Issues in Digital Identity. In: Masaryk University (ed.) 17th Annual Conference organized by the Center for Cultural Sociology and the Department of Sociology at Masaryk University. Brno, 2017.10.19-2017.10.21.
- Feher, K. (2017) Coded realities and transhuman singularity. In memoriam Jacques Derrida Conference, BP-Pécs, 2017.10.12-2017.10.14.
- Katalin Feher (2016) Adaptation Techniques in Digital Environment. Collective Brand Engagement via Camera Drone/Video-Game Design. ACTA Universitatis Sapientiae – Communicatio, 2. 95-103.
- Katalin Feher (2015) Digital Identity: The Transparency of the Self. In: Jane Montague, Tan Lee Ming (ed) Asian Congress of Applied Psychology. Singapore: World Scientific. 132-143.
- Katalin Feher (2014) Digital Mobilisation and identity after smart turn. In: Xiaoge Xu (ed) Interdisciplinary Mobile Media and Communications: Social, Political and Economic Implications. Pennsylvania: IGI Global 64-84.
- Katalin Feher (2014) Consumption of Metapatterns: A CDT Model for the Understanding of Patterns in New Media. JOURNAL OF INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE 5(1-2) 9-19.
- Katalin Feher (2013) Digital Urban identities. In: Chiara Giaccardi, Matteo Tarantino, Simone Tosoni (ed) Media and the City: Urbanism, Technology and Communication (Geography, Anthropology, Recreation). Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 183-191.
- Katalin Feher (2012) The Frameworks of New Media. In: Brian D Loader (ed) The Co-Production of Knowledge: Social Media, STS. University of York.
- "Budapesti Gazdasági Egyetem – EN". En.uni-bge.hu. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Digital Identity Agency". Digital Identity Agency. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Budapesti Gazdasági Egyetem – EN". En.uni-bge.hu. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- Pécsi Tudományegyetem. "Pécsi Tudományegyetem | University of Pécs". Pte.hu. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "MOME – Moholy-Nagy Művészeti Egyetem – Hírek". Mome.hu. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Corvinus University of Budapest". Uni-corvinus.hu. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Studieanvisning" (PDF). Gul.gu.se. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Faculty of ICT : Proposal Form for Lecturers" (PDF). Um.edu.mt. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Interconnectivity | AceMap". Acemap.sjtu.edu.cn. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "KÜRT – Data Recovery and Information Security". Kurt-security.com. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Acta Universitas : An International Scientific Journal of Sapientia University : Communicato" (PDF). Acta.sapientia.ro. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Applied Psychology : Proceedings of the 2015 Asian Congress of Applied Psychology (ACAP 2015)" (PDF). Worldscientific.com. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Digital Mobilisation and Identity after Smart Turn: Media and Communication IS&T Book Chapter". IGI Global. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- Katalin Fehér. "Consumption of Metapatterns : A CDT Model for the Understanding of Patterns in New Media" (PDF). Journal of Information Architecture. 5. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Media and the City" (PDF). Cambridgescholars.com. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "The Co-Production of Knowledge" (PDF). York.ac.uk. Retrieved 2016-10-24.