8 September 1981
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
|Education||BA "European Languages, Translation and Interpreting"|
|Employer||Fox Sports, Turner Sports|
Kate Abdo (born 8 September 1981) is a sports broadcaster who throughout her career has worked internationally in the UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US. She currently hosts Premier Boxing Champions and World Cup coverage for Fox Sports and Champions League soccer for Turner.
Abdo's broadcasting career started at the German international news network Deutsche Welle where she hosted sports coverage for their English and German-language services. From there she moved to CNN, where she anchored the "World Sports" program daily. She also hosted the "Inside Africa" feature show. Abdo left CNN to join Sky Sport News HD in Germany, where she was head anchor and the face of the network. Abdo joined to be a public face for the launch the network and was also heavily involved in the development of the network's coverage, formats and programming. From Germany, Abdo moved to the UK to join Sky Sports, where she hosted the Pay Per View Boxing events, European Football, Transfer Deadline day and Sky Sports News.  Sky Sports loaned Abdo to Fox Sports to host their coverage of the Women's World Cup in 2015, and Abdo later took up a permanent offer from the network to relocate to the US and host their Champions League, Europa League, World Cup, FA Cup, and Bundesliga coverage. Since being at Fox, she has also now taken on the role of hosting Fox's Premier Boxing Champions, including a regular studio show "Inside PBC Boxing" and fight night coverage. After Fox lost the rights to Champions League to Turner, Abdo also signed a deal to host Champions League coverage on TNT from Turner's Atlanta studios. 
Abdo is also well known for her role hosting the Ballon D'Or and Laureus Global Sports Awards, both of which she hosted on numerous occasions. 2014 FIFA Ballon d'Or ceremony speaking with contestants and guests in four languages. She was also a host for the 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or.
Born in Manchester, she studied at Withington Girls' School. Her maternal grandmother is from Guyana.  She moved to Spain at the age of 17 and learned Spanish and took her high school diploma. A year later, she began a university degree there and studied "Translation and Interpreting." She took time out of her degree to live in France and Germany. She also graduated from the University of Salford with a first-class B.A. (Hons) in European Languages. She has lived extensively in Spain, France and Germany and is fluent in all three languages.
- "Sky Sports News unveil new signing from Germany... multilingual presenter Kate Abdo". Daily Mail. 16 January 2014. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776313-kate-abdo-announced-as-studio-host-for-turners-uefa-champions-league-coverage | Kate Abdo Announced as Studio Host for Turner's UEFA Champions League Coverage
- "Kate Abdo steals the show at Ballon d'Or as Sky Sports presenter hosts awards". Daily Mail. 13 January 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "Who is Kate Abdo? All you need to know about the Ballon d'Or hostess". mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- Abad, Paolo (20 June 2019). "This Fox Soccer Anchor Lets It Slip That Her Roots Extend To Guyana". newsamericas. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kate Abdo.|