This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kate Bryan is a British art historian, curator and arts broadcaster. In 2016 Bryan became Head of Collections for Soho House globally. Bryan wrote and presented the art television series Galleries on Demand which aired every week in 2016 on Sky Arts. She is a judge on the Sky Arts television series Artist of the Year presented by Frank Skinner and Joan Bakewell. She has been a contributor to the arts television programme The Culture Show on BBC2, Newsnight on BBC2  and in 2013 presented an hour long special for The Culture Show on The Art of Chinese Painting.  In 2016 she was a presenter of the Sky Arts documentary The Mystery of the Lost Caravaggio  which aired in Italy as Operazione Caravaggio. She also contributed to Dante's Inferno, Raphael and Beauty and Artemisia Gentileschi: Painting to Survive on Sky Arts.
She received her BA from Warwick University in 2003. She obtained her Mphil from Hong Kong University in 2010. Her thesis subject was images of the Penitent Magdalene in Italian Renaissance Art. In 2014 she won the Arts and Culture category of the Women of the Future Awards. She is a mentor for young women in the arts.
She started her career at The British Museum and in 2006 worked on the Michelangelo Drawings exhibition. She lived in Hong Kong from 2007-2011 and was Gallery Director of The Cat Street Gallery. She was a contributing editor for Asian Art News and contributed art related articles to the South China Morning Post, Time Out  London and The Guardian. She has worked as an expert guide for Art History Abroad and Art History UK.
Kate Bryan has worked in the commercial art world as an art dealer in Hong Kong and London. She was fair director of a global art fair in London, Art15. Kate Bryan was a director of the art dealership Fine Art Society on New Bond Street in London between 2011-2015. Bryan directed the Contemporary exhibition programme and notable exhibitions include What Marcel Duchamp Taught Me in 2014 which marked 100 years since Marcel Duchamp created the readymade, Chris Levine Light 3.142 in 2013, Rob and Nick Carter Transforming including a display for the artistic duo at The Frick Collection in New York City  and an exhibition in which she invited the British Pop Artist Peter Blake to select his favourite works from the gallery vaults entitled Things I Love at the Fine Art Society in 2012.
She coauthored A Little Book of Portraits released in conjunction with the Sky Arts series Artist of the Year and has written essays for several published exhibition catalogues including those for Belinda Fox and Sir Peter Blake.
- Bryan, Kate. Resistance: Subverting the Camera : Steven Pippin, Rob & Nick Carter, Janet Laurence, Adam Fuss, Idris Khan, Edgar Lissel, Christopher Bucklow, Stephen Sack. London: The Fine Art Society Contemporary, 2012. ISBN 9781907052125
- Schierenberg, Tai S. A Little Book of Portraits: Beyond the Canvas. Quadrille Publishing, 2014. With commentary by judges Tai Shan Schierenberg, Kathleen Soriano and Kate Bryan. ISBN 978-1849495769
- Sky Arts Artist of the Year. "Sky Arts Artist of the Year".
- Ellen E Jones (6 November 2013). "TV Review: Portrait Artist of the Year, Sky Arts 1". The Independent.
- "BBC Two - The Culture Show, Royal Academy Summer Exhibition: A Culture Show Special, RA vaults". BBC.
- "quotes". scluzay.com. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- "Michelangelo Caravaggio's stolen Nativity with St Francis and St Lawrence masterpiece reconstructed". Mail Online. 11 December 2015.
- "Il mistero di Caravaggio". Sky Arte - Sky.
- "Palermo, "Operazione Caravaggio": l'opera trafugata torna a splendere". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- "Michelangelo, the Underground poet" (Press release). Transport for London.
- "The 100 best paintings: contributors' lists – London art – Time Out Art". Time Out London. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- Jones, Jonathan; Bryan, Kate (2015-02-21). "Fewer Brits are visiting our top galleries – should we be worried?". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- "Fair play: directing Art15". Telegraph.co.uk.
- Adam, Georgina (2014-11-21). "Pole position in Mayfair". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- "KEE Magazine March 2013". Issuu. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- Holly Williams (4 October 2014). "Artists to pay respects to the revolutionary Marcel Duchamp in new". The Independent.
- Mark Brown. "Marcel Duchamp: exhibition to celebrate father of conceptual art". the Guardian.
- "Kate Bryan speaking about Rob & Nick Carter's 'Transforming Still Life Painting,' 2012".
- "Peter Blake: Things I Love at the Fine Art Society". Time Out London.
- The Cat Street Gallery. "Peter Blake". Issuu.
Kate Bryan Website