Mansi at the 2014 GLAAD Media Awards
Katharine Theresa Rose Morris
September 15, 1987
Calabasas, California, United States
Kate Mansi (born September 15, 1987[better source needed]) is an American actress. She is best known for playing the role of Abigail Deveraux on the NBC serial Days of Our Lives from 2011 to 2016, for which in 2017, she had won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
Early life and career
Kate Mansi was born Katharine Theresa Rose Morris on September 15, 1987[better source needed] in Calabasas, California, to parents Jeff and Victoria Morris in Southern California.[better source needed] She is of Irish and Italian descent, and she studied film and public relations at Pepperdine University, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Mansi's interest in dance began as a child, when her mother—herself a dancer—enrolled her in dance classes. Mansi's interest grew, and she joined the Pacific Festival Ballet at the age of 15. She danced in performances of the Nutcracker, Bambi, Peter Pan, and Heaven and Hell. In college, she competed in the National Womack Speech Competition, placing second, and volunteered in the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
Until the end of 2016, Mansi played Abby on Days of Our Lives. Before Days of Our Lives, Mansi appeared in advertisements and played a guest role on How I Met Your Mother. Mansi returned to Days of Our Lives in November 2018 for a short-term period of time.
In 2013, Mansi launched a campaign to raise $20,000 for Charity: Water, "giving up" her birthday to raise awareness for the cause of clean water. She announced through her Twitter account on December 30 that she succeeded in raising the full amount.
|2008||How I Met Your Mother||Amanda||Episode: "The Fight"|
|2011–2016, 2018–19||Days of Our Lives||Abigail Deveraux||Series regular|
|2017||Small Shots||Marissa||1 episode|
|2016||Unwanted Guest||Amy Thomas||Lead role|
|2017||Boyfriend Killer||Krystal Kellers||Lead role|
|2017||Mother Of All Secrets (film)||Aubrey||Lead role|
|2018||Nightclub Secrets||Zoe||Lead role|
|2019||The Perfect One||Maria||Post-production|
Awards and nominations
|Daytime Emmy Award||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Days of Our Lives||Won|
|Outstanding Special Guest Performer in a Drama Series||Nominated|
- California Birth Index, accessed September 24, 2015. (Mother's last name in Mansi; father's is Morris. Kate was born Katharine Theresa Rose Morris on September 15, 1987.)
- Kate Mansi from NBC.com, accessed February 5, 2014. Archived February 22, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- "Kate Mansi Wins Daytime Emmy For Outstanding Supporting Actress". Daytime Confidential. Confidential Media, Inc. April 30, 2017.
- Ryan Rice (2014). "Kate Mansi." Life And Dog. Retrieved January 9, 2017.
- Rob Owen (September 9, 2016). "TV Q&A: Replacing Jennifer Antkowiak at KDKA, Steelers games on WTAE, 'The Night Of'". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved September 16, 2016.
- INTERVIEW: Days of Our Lives' Kate Mansi on "Giving Up" Birthday For Charity:Water and Abigail Losing Her V-Card by Jamey Giddens, Daytime Confidential, September 25, 2013. Accessed February 6, 2014.
- Kate Mansi [@KateMansi] (December 30, 2013). "We did it! #k20 @charitywater campaign comes to a successful close! View my closing announcement video for details" (Tweet). Retrieved January 8, 2017 – via Twitter.
- "The 44th Annual Daytime Emmy Award Nominations" (PDF). New York City: emmyonline.org and National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. March 22, 2017. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
- "Daytime Emmy Nominations: 'Days Of Our Lives' Leads Programs & CBS Tops Networks". Deadline Hollywood. March 20, 2019.