Kate Moross is a designer, illustrator and art director based in London.
Illustration & Design
Moross is also known for her typographic illustration. Her achievements include a nationwide billboard campaign for Cadburys, a signature clothing range for Topshop. and illustrations for Vogue Magazine. She regularly speaks at arts conferences, and has sat on the jury for the D&AD Awards in 2012.
Moross attended South Hampstead High School for primary and secondary school. She studied an art foundation at Wimbledon School of Art, and went on to complete her BA Degree at Camberwell School of Art in 2008.
In 2007 Moross launched vinyl only record label, Isomorph Records, set up in order to explore further the relationship between design and music. The label has seen releases from Cutting Pink With Knives, Hearts Revolution, Midnight Juggernauts Apes and Androids and Pictureplane. With each release Moross collaborated closely with the artists in order to create the definitive visual representation of their sound, that encapsulates the bands ideas and Moross’ vision for them. In 2008 Kate Moross was named at number 18 in the NME’s Future 50 innovators driving music forward.
In 2012 Moross founded Studio Moross, which focuses on music based projects. Moross currently acts as art director for British Singer Jessie Ware and has directed several music videos for her including "Running, 'Wildest Moments' and 'If You're Never Gonna Move'.
- Grafik Magazine, http://www.grafikmagazine.co.uk/
- "Kate Moross at Topshop", Dazed Digital, January 31, 2008: http://www.dazeddigital.com/ArtsAndCulture/article/391/1/Kate_Moross_at_Topshop
- Creative Review, 11 August 2008: http://www.creativereview.co.uk/crblog/creative-futures-bursary-project-kate-moross/
- London 2012 Website, List of Torch Bearers, http://www.london2012.com/torch-relay/torchbearers/community=the-london-borough-of-lewisham/
- Topshop, http://www.topshop.com/blog/2008/01/Jan_25.html
- Ideas Tap, http://www.ideastap.com/IdeasMag/The-Knowledge/kate-moross-interview
- D&AD Website, Graphic Design Juries 2012, http://www.dandad.org/awards/professional/2012/juries/grpd/graphic-design/223/kate-moross
- Pulse Films, Director Kate Moross, http://www.pulsefilms.com/talent/kate-moross/
- "University of the Arts London, Alumni http://www.camberwell.arts.ac.uk/courses/courses-by-level/undergraduate/ba-graphic-design/#career
- FACT magazine, "Label Profile: Isomorphs", FACT online: http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=458&Itemid=27
- FACT magazine, "New Isomorphs!", FACT online: http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=991&Itemid=26
- Discogs, Isomorph Records Discography, http://www.discogs.com/label/Isomorph%20Records
- NME magazine, April 26, 2008, http://www.iheartcomix.com/blog/franki/heartsrevolution-kate-moross-franki-chan-nme-future-50
- It's Nice That, Studio Moross Feature, "
- Arts London Website, Camberwell Alumni Blog: http://blogs.arts.ac.uk/camberwell/2012/08/28/jessie-ware-interactive-billboard/
- Promo News, http://www.promonews.tv/2012/02/17/jessie-ware-running-by-kate-moross/
- Pitchfork, http://pitchfork.com/features/directors-cut/8943-jessie-ware-wildest-moments/