Kate Rock, Baroness Rock
Kate Harriet Alexandra Rock, Baroness Rock (born 9 October 1968) is a British Conservative politician and member of the House of Lords. Formerly Vice-Chairman of the Conservative Party with special responsibility for business engagement, she was nominated for a life peerage in August 2015.
Between August 2014 and November 2017, Rock served as non-executive director and as chairman of the Remuneration Committee of Imagination Technologies plc (a FTSE 250 high technology company, which was sold to Canyon Bridge Partners).
She also served as a non-executive director of First News (UK) Ltd, a national newspaper for young children, between 2014 and February 2017.
On 1 September 2018 she joined the Board of Keller Group plc (the world's largest provider of geotechnical solutions) and is now the senior independent director, serving on the Audit, Nomination, Remuneration and Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Committees.
Between 2015 and 2016 Rock served as Vice-Chairman of the Conservative Party with special responsibility for business engagement.
Between 2017 and 2018 she was a member of the House of Lords Select Committee on Artificial Intelligence and since 2019 she has sat on the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology. She has also served since May 2018 as a member of the House of Lords Select Committee on the Rural Economy.
In November 2018 she was appointed as a founding board member of the Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation, an advisory body set up by the UK Government to seek to maximise the benefits of data-enabled technologies, including artificial intelligence.
She is also a founding Ambassador of “Women Supporting Women”, a group at The Prince's Trust committed to changing the lives of young women, and is a member of The Prince's Trust's Philanthropy Advisory Board.
- "Dissolution Peerages 2015". Gov.uk. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- ‘ROCK, Kate Harriet Alexandra’, Who's Who 2016, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2016
- Keller Group web-site, Non-executive directors, Baroness Kate Rock (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- Imagination Technologies Group plc, Annual Report 2017, at page 26
- UK Parliament web-site, Amendments to the Register of Lords’ Interests (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- Keller Group website, Non-executive directors, Baroness Kate Rock (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- Bloomberg, Executive Profile – Kate Rock (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- "No. 61387". The London Gazette. 21 October 2015. p. 19762.
- St Antony’s College, Annual Report and Financial Statements, Year ended 31 July 2017, at p.8
- UK Parliament web-site, Select Committee on Artificial Intelligence appointed by House of Lords, 29 June 2017
- House of Lords Science and Technology Select Committee website, accessed on 8 April 2020
- UK Parliament web-site, Rural Economy Committee – membership (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- Stellar new board appointed to lead world-first Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation, UK Government press release, 20 November 2018
- Prince’s Trust web-site, Women Supporting Women founding Patrons & Ambassadors (accessed on 18 October 2018)
- UK Parliament website, Register of Interests for Baroness Rock, accessed on 8 April 2020
- Dylan Lobo, Axa Architas' Caspar Rock joins Cazenove, City Wire, 4 April 2016