Kate Snow at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival
June 9, 1969 |
Bangor, Maine, U.S.
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Education||B.A., Cornell University
M.A., Georgetown University
|Occupation||Journalist, News Anchor|
|Television||Good Morning America
Rock Center with Brian Williams
NBC Nightly News
ABC World News
|Board member of||Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America|
|Awards||News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story – Long Form|
Kate Snow is an American television journalist for NBC News. She is a national correspondent contributing to all NBC platforms including, Dateline NBC, The Today Show, Weekend Today and NBC Nightly News. She also fills in as anchor on NBC Nightly News, Today and Weekend Today. Before joining NBC News in 2010, she was a co-anchor for the weekend edition of Good Morning America on ABC from 2004 to 2010. Snow had also appeared on its weekday edition and World News as a fill-in anchor or correspondent. Snow was also a correspondent for the now canceled NBC newsmagazine Rock Center with Brian Williams.
On September 17, 2015, NBC announced that Snow would be anchor of NBC Nightly News Sunday editions, beginning in October. Snow will also be an afternoon weekday anchor for MSNBC's MSNBC Live with Kate Snow.
Early life and education
Snow was born on June 9, 1969 in Bangor, Maine, and moved with her family to upstate New York when she was six months old. Snow graduated from Cornell University, and holds a Masters in Foreign Service from Georgetown University.
Snow joined ABC in 2003 as Good Morning America's White House reporter before she was tapped to co-host the morning show's weekend edition. She had worked previously at NPR and NBC Radio, and also worked as a reporter at KOAT-TV from 1995–1998 and at CNN from 1998–2003.
- 1995–1998: KOAT-TV Reporter
- 1998–2003: CNN reporter
- 2003–2010: ABC News
- 2010–present: NBC News
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 10, 2013). "'Rock Center with Brian Williams' Canceled by NBC After Two Seasons". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- Steenland, Maggie (September 17, 2015). "Kate Snow Named Anchor of Sunday 'NBC Nightly News'" (Press release). NBC. Archived from the original on October 5, 2015. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- "Yep. True fact. I was born in Bangor, Maine. [...]". Kate Snow verified Twitter page. November 2, 2014. Archived from the original on October 5, 2015. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- "Snow departs ABC for NBC". Adweek. March 12, 2010. Archived from the original on October 2, 2015. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- "Kate Snow". ArticleBio. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|