Kate Snow at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival
June 10, 1969 (Age 49)|
Bangor, Maine, U.S.
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Occupation||Journalist, News Anchor|
Good Morning America|
Rock Center with Brian Williams
NBC Nightly News
ABC World News
|Board member of||Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America|
|Awards||News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story – Long Form|
Kate Snow is an American television journalist for NBC News, serving as a national correspondent contributing to all NBC platforms. Snow also anchors the Sunday edition of NBC Nightly News, and frequently substitutes for the weekday broadcast.
Before joining NBC News in 2010, she was a co-anchor for the weekend edition of Good Morning America on ABC from 2004 to 2010. Snow had also appeared on its weekday edition and World News as a fill-in anchor and correspondent. She was also a correspondent for the now canceled NBC newsmagazine Rock Center with Brian Williams. She also served as host of MSNBC Live with Kate Snow.
Early life and education
Snow was born June 10, 1969 in Bangor, Maine, and moved with her family to upstate New York when she was six months old. She graduated from Cornell University, and holds a master's in Foreign Service from Georgetown University.
Snow joined ABC in 2003 as Good Morning America's White House reporter before she was tapped to co-host the morning show's weekend edition. She had previously worked at NPR and NBC Radio, and also worked as a reporter at KOAT-TV in Albuquerque, New Mexico, from 1995–1998 and at CNN from 1998–2003.
- 1995–1998: KOAT-TV reporter
- 1998–2003: CNN reporter
- 2003–2010: ABC News
- 2010–present: NBC News
- 2010–present: Dateline NBC correspondent
- 2011–present: Today fill-in anchor and news anchor
- 2011–2013: Rock Center with Brian Williams correspondent
- 2013–present: NBC News national correspondent
- 2015-2017: MSNBC Live anchor
- 2015–present: NBC Nightly News Sunday anchor
- 2017–present: Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly correspondent
Snow is married to radio presenter Chris Bro and has two children.
- Steenland, Maggie (September 17, 2015). "Kate Snow Named Anchor of Sunday 'NBC Nightly News'" (Press release). NBC. Archived from the original on 2015-10-05. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 10, 2013). "'Rock Center with Brian Williams' Canceled by NBC After Two Seasons". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "Yep. True fact. I was born in Bangor, Maine. [...]". Kate Snow verified Twitter page. November 2, 2014. Archived from the original on October 5, 2015. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- "Snow departs ABC for NBC". Adweek. March 12, 2010. Archived from the original on October 2, 2015. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- "Kate Snow". ArticleBio. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Kate Snow". Retrieved April 2, 2017.
- "Kate Snow, National Correspondent". (biography) NBC News. October 19, 2011. Archived from the original on September 25, 2016. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Kate Snow on IMDb
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|