||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
November 2, 1989 |
Glennville, Georgia, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||David Blaise (m. 2014)|
Katelyn Tarver (born November 2, 1989) is an American actress and singer. She is known for her recurring roles as Jo Taylor on the Nickelodeon series Big Time Rush, Natalie on the ABC series No Ordinary Family, and Mercedes on ABC Family The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
Tarver took part in the reality television program American Juniors. Competing against thousands of others who auditioned for the show, she reached the top 10 but didn't win a spot on the 5-member band. Her debut album, Wonderful Crazy, featured songs written and produced by Mattias Gustafsson (Backstreet Boys) and Kevin Savigar (Josh Gracin, Rod Stewart), as well as Christian recording artist Scott Krippayne who wrote the title track.
On June 14, 2011, Tarver independently released her "A Little More Free" EP (produced by Matt Grabe) and was Honor Society's opening act on their June–July 2011 "Wherever You Are" tour. Tarver toured alongside the bands The Cab and Parachute during the summer of 2012. She has a writing credit on Cheryl Cole's 2014 single "Crazy Stupid Love".
Two new tracks, "Weekend Millionaires" and "Nobody Like You" were released on streaming platform SoundCloud in 2015. "Weekend Millionaires" was re-released on iTunes, Spotify, and other digital retailers on July 28, 2016. Another new track, "What Do We Know Now", was released in October, followed shortly by the BURNS-produced "Hate To Tell You" the following month.
Using motion capture, Tarver acted as the title character in the direct-to-video movie The Barbie Diaries, released in 2006. Sensors recorded her movements so they could control the movements of the animated Mattel's Barbie figure.
She also appeared in the video for Mitchel Musso's single "The In-Crowd" and duetted with him on "Us Against The World". He had arrived early to his recording session as she was in the studio working on her track "Fastlane"; when it was Mitchel's turn, his father Sam suggested trying it as a duet with Katelyn.
On January 29, 2010, she made her acting debut on Big Time Rush as Jo Taylor, a girl the boys admire. Her debut episode was "Big Time Love Song" which aired on February 5, 2010. She developed feelings for Kendall Knight (Kendall Schmidt) and they started dating. But the world tour changed everything: Jo became a television star and Kendall became a pop star. On "Big Time Break-Up" which aired on June 25, 2011, she landed a role in a movie in New Zealand which would keep her and Kendall apart for 3 years. She returned in season 3's episode "Big Time Surprise", which aired on September 22, 2012.
Tarver married David Blaise on July 19, 2014.
|2003||American Juniors||Herself||Contestant (Top 10), 17 episodes|
|2010–2013||Big Time Rush||Jo Taylor||Recurring role, 34 episodes|
|2010–2011||No Ordinary Family||Natalie Poston||Recurring role, 5 episodes|
|2012||The Secret Life of the American Teenager||Mercedes||Recurring role, 8 episodes|
|2014||Dead on Campus||Natalie Kellison||Television film (Lifetime)|
|2011||A Little More Free
- As lead artist
|"Weekend Millionaires"||2016||Chuck Willis|
- As featured artist
- "Katelyn Tarver". Hollywood.com. Retrieved January 15, 2017.
- Happy birthday to the lovely @katelyntarver... (Twitter conversation between Erin Sanders and Katelyn Tarver), dated November 2, 2011.
- Lo Grasso, Sandy, "Katelyn Tarver: American Junior to Idol", StarShine Magazine, November 28, 2005.
- "Katelyn Tarver Inks Deal", Christian Activities Magazine, November 7, 2005.
- Weekend Millionaires by Katelyn Tarver | Free Listening on SoundCloud
- Nobody LIke You by Katelyn Tarver | Free Listening on SoundCloud
- "Weekend Millionares - Single by Katelyn Tarver on Apple Music"
- "What Do We Know Now - Single by Katelyn Tarver on Apple Music"
- "Listen: Katelyn Tarver - 'Hate To Tell You'", Clash Music, dated November 11, 2016.
- Katelyn Tarver - Planez (Live Session), YouTube.
- "The Bad EP by Lost Kings on Apple Music"
- "Katelyn Tarver’s “Hate To Tell You” is the lyrical equivalent of the eye-roll emoji", The Line of Best Fit, dated November 16, 2016.
- We're proud to announce we'll be releasing new the @katelyntarver... (Duly Noted Records on Twitter), dated July 27, 2016.
- Montague, Joe. "Katelyn Tarver". The Phantom Tollbooth. Retrieved 2006-06-18.
- Tommy2.Net, Daily News, February 8, 2009.
- "Katelyn Tarver Ties The Knot With Fiance David Blaise". Contactmusic.com. July 28, 2014. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Wonderful Crazy by Katelyn Tarver". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-06-08.
- "Weekend Millionaires - Katelyn Tarver". VEVO. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Planez (Live Session) - Katelyn Tarver". VEVO. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- Spinnin' Records (2016-01-23), Lost Kings - You ft. Katelyn Tarver (Official Music Video), retrieved 2016-11-19