Katerina Rohonyan in 2008
25 April 1984 |
Mykolaiv, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Title||Woman Grandmaster (2004)|
|Peak rating||2377 (January 2004)|
Rohonyan won the Women's Ukrainian Chess Championship in 2000 in her hometown, Mykolaiv. She competed in the Women's World Chess Championship 2008 in Nalchik, Russia, where she defeated Natalia Zhukova in the first round to progress to the second, losing to Inna Gaponenko. In 2010, she tied for the first place in the Paul Keres Memorial Tournament in Vancouver.
Rohonyan played for the USA team that won the bronze medal at the Women's Chess Olympiad of 2008 in Dresden. She contributed to this result by scoring 6/10 points on board four. Rohonyan also played for the gold medal-winning Ukrainian team in the European Girls' Under-18 Team Chess Championships of 2000 and 2002.
- WGM Katerina Rohonyan United States Chess Federation
- "WGM Katerina Rohonyan". Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved August 14, 2010.
- Women's Chess Olympiads: Katerina Rohonyan OlimpBase
- European Girls' U18 Team Chess Championship: Kateryna Rohonyan OlimpBase
- Katerina Rohonyan rating card at FIDE
- Katerina Rohonyan chess games at 365Chess.com
- Katerina Rohonyan player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to an American chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|