She attended Bryn Mawr College and holds and MFA from SUNY Purchase. Her work is held in the collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Brooklyn Museum of Art, the Portland Art Museum (Maine), and the Farnsworth Museum (Maine). She lives in New York City and has a painting studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
She is on the graduate MFA faculty at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts in Philadelphia, and teaches a course on non traditional painting at The Fashion Institute of Technology. In 2009 she was a resident faculty at the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture in Maine. Her work is represented by the Edward Thorp Gallery in New York City. She was awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship. in 2011 and was a recipient of a Joan Mitchell Foundation Grant in 2012.
She is the mother of writer and filmmaker Arthur Bradford and of the intellectual property lawyer Laura Bradford.
- "Katherine Bradford". Purchase College.
- Katherine Bradford - PAFA faculty member awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship | Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts | Museum and School | 1805
- Katherine Bradford Biography and Links – Katherine Bradford on artnet
- THE LISTINGS - JULY 14-JULY 20 - Schedule - NYTimes.com
- Edward Thorp Gallery: Katherine Bradford
- Fashion Institute of Technology - Faculty
- Katherine Bradford - John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
|This article about a painter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|