||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
June 24, 1906
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Died||March 29, 1983
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Nicholas John Cassavetes|
Katherine Cassavetes (née Demetre; June 24, 1906 – March 29, 1983) was a Greek American actress. She was the mother of actor-director John Cassavetes and mother-in-law of actress Gena Rowlands. Her grandchildren are actor-directors Nick Cassavetes, Zoe Cassavetes, and Alexandra Cassavetes. She appeared in four films, three of which were written and directed by her son, including Minnie and Moskowitz (1971).
- "Katherine Cassavetes - Biography". nytimes.com. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Katherine Cassavetes". movies.yahoo.com. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "KATHERINE CASSAVETES". in.com. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Cassavetes' Biography". people.bu.edu. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Katherine CassavetesOverview". fandango.com. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1900s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|