1 December 1990 |
Ashington, Northumberland, England
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||59 kg (130 lb)|
|Club||Tees Rowing Club|
Katherine Sarah Copeland MBE (born 1 December 1990) is an English rower. In 2012, she was selected to represent Great Britain in the 2012 London Olympics in the Women's lightweight double sculls with Sophie Hosking, winning the gold medal.
She was born in Ashington, and was 14 when she first learnt to row at Yarm School. She is a member of Tees Rowing Club, Stockton-on-Tees. As a teacher, she also runs an after school art club for autistic children in conjunction with the Three Wings Trust.
- GRO reference: December 1990, Vol. 1, Page 1826
- "Katherine Copeland". www.london2012.com. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Katherine Copeland". www.britishrowing.co.uk. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Olympics rowing: Sophie Hosking & Katherine Copeland win gold". BBC Sport. 4 August 2012.
- 'Three Wings Trust'
- London2012 athlete profile http://www.london2012.com/athlete/copeland-katherine-1083088/
- The London Gazette: . 29 December 2012.
-  Cabinet Office
|This biographical article relating to British rowing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|